VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Major Problems With Primary Care Doc

Rate this topic

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• HadIt.com Elder

even if you get the pain meds the pain is never really gone it just goes to a dull ache I can't remember the last pain free day I had I think it was in 1998 I have been on percocets since Dec 2002 I quit driving in 2000 so I am not under the influence behind a wheel my wife does all the driving

Edited by Testvet

To you all, this has been a very interesting and helpful conversation.

We're still pressing on...there's only so many trips to the docs we can take, and we're taking all that they throw our way!!!

I feel ya Testvet on the pain thing, I'll take dull anytime, and I'm almost to the point where the wife has to drive anyway because of my sleep disorder! Not cool in my opinion. But we'll manage what helps, what makes me feel OK and what is safe all at the same time.

Later

Draggin'

I have had quite a few primary care docs.. the one I had when I had my big pancreas surgery,, when I had a 5 inch cyst in my guts, she told me she could not feel it, as I told her several times over a year soemthing big weas growing in me.. the year after that they removed a 5 inch cyst, which almost killed me witha 6 month hospital stay.. and the necrotizing pancreatitis.. most of the primary care docs never beleived me.. some outwardly showed hostility to me..

• HadIt.com Elder

yea the VA docs aren't really great at diagnosing internal issues until it usually is past the point it needed to have been found they don't do much with MRIs and cat scans unless they are forced to do so usually has been my experience most of the cancers I read about thru the VA are stage 4 and terminal I am getting like John if you want to live a long life you really should have medicare if not a different health plan other than the VA so you can see a doc that might do some investigation into your problems if you rely solely on the VA you might shorten your life span

• HadIt.com Elder

The VA system is more oriented to treating when its a crisis not prevention. Over asll it is not all that good but I endure it now cause one I have a PCP that I like and 2 many will tell you that treatment at a VA helps you keep your 100% rating if you have one. If you do not it helps you get one.