VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Major Problems With Primary Care Doc

Rate this topic

It's pretty maddening to say the least.

But it does help to have all of these legitimate complaints right there in the system!

Will probably pursue alternate avenues later down the road, for now I'm giving the new doc a chance to get me help for the majority of things that the first doc never bothered with.

Draggin'

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• HadIt.com Elder

It's pretty maddening to say the least.

But it does help to have all of these legitimate complaints right there in the system!

Will probably pursue alternate avenues later down the road, for now I'm giving the new doc a chance to get me help for the majority of things that the first doc never bothered with.

Draggin'

Good plan.

• 2 months later...

Same here RE the pain. My pcp refused to give me anything for pain I was suffering from spinal stenosis , she also refused to give me anything for anxiety citing some actor died in NY from overdosing. She did however send me to the psychologist who said I was suffering from PTSD due to stuff that happened before the service. She sent me to the Psychiatrist who said he could not treat me with talk therapy and just give me pills which would increase my serotonin levels. However if I would file a claim for service related PTSD and was successful he could treat me with therapy I refused to lie, what ever pills he gave me sure worked friends and family begged me to stop taking them and I did. Last week I tried to get Plavix from the va becuase I am in the medicare d oughnut hole and again was told that the va decided the pills were not necessary,,,, I will wait till January and hope I don't die. By the way I asked the nurse if the Congressmen get them with their plan and he assured me they did and that the VA is 20 years behind with their meds. I thingk I will just stick with getting my hearing aids from them.