VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Rater

Rate this question

Chu Lai69

Question

I have been told my claim for IU, Bilateral Hearing Loss increase, anxiety/ptsd increase has now made it to the rater as of today. Is the rating system a long drawen out process or does it move on pretty rapidly. Thanks in advance. Chu

• Answers 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

Find out what date they are working on. Your POA can do that, then ask again in a couple of weeks It is noi certainty but it will give you some sense of timing

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder

My experience was 'long and drawn out', but I was not applying for IU. My recent claims hit the rater in the middle of April, bounced around a lot, and finally were approved this month. Because you are claiming IU, I am hopeful they will speed it along. But remember, we're talking about the VA here...

I wish you the best of luck!

• HadIt.com Elder

I would say get ready for a long wait. This way you will be prepared for the worst. The worst would be the VA denies your IU and other claims for some BS reason. It happens all the time. It happened to me. You have to wait them out and produce more evidence if you get denied. Once you start on the IU road it is one way. You can't go back to work and start over. How are you fixed for money to last until you win? This is how the VA wears down the vet. They starve them out. With older vets they try and wait until they die.

I would say get ready for a long wait. This way you will be prepared for the worst. The worst would be the VA denies your IU and other claims for some BS reason. It happens all the time. It happened to me. You have to wait them out and produce more evidence if you get denied. Once you start on the IU road it is one way. You can't go back to work and start over. How are you fixed for money to last until you win? This is how the VA wears down the vet. They starve them out. With older vets they try and wait until they die.

Thanks john999, that was a very encouraging answer LOL

• HadIt.com Elder

Just getting to rater does not mean that you are done. My claim for increase got to rater a couple of months ago and the rater decided that why not ask for my Medical File after it was ready to rate. Now they have the VAMC File so I will see how long it takes.

• HadIt.com Elder

Chu Lai

I just want you to be ready for the worst. The VA can dish it out for sure. The trick is to never give up or give in on a compensation claim. You just have to be in it for the long haul. I am waiting three years on my CUE claim and I have a lawyer.