VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Which Comes 1St...c&p Or Service Connection Determination

Rate this question

VICH

Question

I'm a "newbie" here ...have been "watching" from the back ground...and have gotten a great deal of good information from you guys/gals..Thanx to you all. But...I'm confused about which comes 1st, C&P Exam...or...Determination of Service Connnection...or are they happening at the same time along the claims process??? I filed my claim in Oct of 09 and just had C&P last Fri the 10th. The medical part was quite thorough (Cervical/Lumbar DDD, numbness and lose of control of legs and feet and hands) lasting about an hour or so. Latter in the day I had PTSD Exam and it was a bit confusing...I spent about 30 minutes answering question on a computer...I'll call it a test...then the Psyhic Dr came and got me and a we went into his office for about 15min...He asked what was going on in my life...and as I talked he typed...really didn't ask any questions of me. At the end of about 15min he said he was done and that he'd send his report to RO and that I'd hear something from them soon. I asked if he had all my current medical reports...and he said he did (I had made copies and had them with me)...that was the extent of my PTSD Exam...I have to say that I've been treated by VA Mental Health since 1995 and have been diagnosed by a VA Psychiatrist...2 Psychologist (1 on contract with the VA...1 with Social Security...I'm SS Disabled with PTSD and DDD) and 2 Counselors at the Vet Center...can I assume (or would that be foolish to do dealing with the VA)...that due to the extensive medical records and time period of treatment that the Dr figured it was a "no brainer" about my diagnosis's?? Plus it was late in the afternoon and close to his quitting time. Maybe these new regulations about speeding up the PTSD claims...are for real???? So whats everyones opinion??... is that whats normal for a PTSD C&P Exam??? Thanx for your comments and help. Oh yeah...I am VietNam 72-73 with Combat V Awards

• Answers 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

6 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

".... is that whats normal for a PTSD C&P Exam???"

ain't no such thing as "normal" when it comes to the VA.................just sayin'!

........."can I assume (or would that be foolish to do dealing with the VA)".....I kinda figured that...

assume>>foolish>>VA....kinda goes together

Hey...thanx for your comments

Is the VA aware that you get SSDI for the same conditions you are claiming for SC?

The V awards- do you mean V devise?

The VA usually concedes a stressor when the vet has the PH, CAR, or CIB on their DD 214.

In my opinion the new PTSD regs will help many but not all-

You have the PTSD diagnosis from the VA itself so that is good.

Make sure you give as many details as possible on your stressor in case they need to confirm it with JSRRC.

Is the VA aware that you get SSDI for the same conditions you are claiming for SC?--- Yes told both Dr and sent letter to RO

The V awards- do you mean V devise?--- Yes...Combat V Devise

The VA usually concedes a stressor when the vet has the PH, CAR, or CIB on their DD 214.--- I thought that was right

In my opinion the new PTSD regs will help many but not all--- I hope it helps alot of guys get they're claims ..it's crazy to think that a soldier can remember names dates places of something that happened 40yrs ago...How many of you guys had a pencil and paper to write all that down??? (unless you got mentioned in "morning after report" or a action report of some kind)....just in case you needed it for some reason...35-40yrs down the road??? That surely wasn't my main concern when I was there...had other things occuping my time and mind...as I sure a whole lot of other people did as well.

You have the PTSD diagnosis from the VA itself so that is good.--- I'm thinking it's a good thing...you never know

Make sure you give as many details as possible on your stressor in case they need to confirm it with JSRRC.--- OK ...got it

Thanx Berta for your comments

"Is the VA aware that you get SSDI for the same conditions you are claiming for SC?--- Yes told both Dr and sent letter to RO"

VICH,

Have you filled out,signed and submitted a ROI form from SSA to VA ? No...I haven't...I'm taking it from your question that I should do that...SSA sent ROI to Vet Center asking them for some information on my PTSD...would that ROI surfice or would I need another for the VARO as well???

Thanx ....Carlie