VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Va Followup On Claim

Rate this question

youngparkie

Question

Hey all like the look of the new site. I received a letter a couple of weeks ago that the va was going to require me to go thru a new c&p exam. 2 years ago I was rated 80% paid 100% PT individual unempoyablity. Now they are openning it back up and are going to require me to take another round of c/p exams . Is this normal ? How often can I expect this to happen?

Thanks chris

• Answers 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

4 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

Did your latest rating award indicate "future exams"? Were you rated P&T (permanent and total)? If you were rated P&T, then I would call the RO and ask them why you are scheduled for a re-exam. Maybe it was an error on their part.

Guest DON20906

P&T is relative to your age, in practice. Depending on how much working life you have left, you can expect to be called in every two years for a while, then every 3-4, then as you approach retirement age, VA will start leaving you alone when you get into your late 50s early 60s. I'd be more concerned about showing up one one of VA's income verification matches.

Hey all like the look of the new site. I received a letter a couple of weeks ago that the va was going to require me to go thru a new c&p exam. 2 years ago I was rated 80% paid 100% PT individual unempoyablity. Now they are openning it back up and are going to require me to take another round of c/p exams . Is this normal ? How often can I expect this to happen?

Thanks chris

• HadIt.com Elder

Young Parkie

If you were rated as Permanent and Totally disabled having you in for a new C&P exam does not make sense unless you have worked or done something to trigger a new exam. Maybe you need to go to the regional office and debate this C&P request. Being P&T means no future exams scheduled.

Thanks for the speady replies. I was rated permanent and total including chapter 35 bennies. I have not worked and am on the final stages of independent living. We were looking into wood working as a sastainable hobbie but my neuro said and i quote yopu must be outta your mind. Seems he thinks there is a safety issue with power tools and Parkinsons disease go figure. Never said I was the sharpest tool in the shed. Now we are looking at digital photography. Still I wonder how shaky hands and photography will work out . Thanks all.

Chris