VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Can I File A Cue?

Rate this question

retiredat44

Question

My claim is from illness from Petroleum chmecials, Jet Fuel, Gasoline, Diesel, and I also worked with trichloroethylene. In my denial letter, they only stated Jet Fuel in the denial letter and reasons) and left out all the other chemicals. Can I file a CUE because they ommited important parts of my claim for illness? Note, these chemicals were also clearly stated by a doctor that did my IMO.

thanx..

Edited by retiredat44

• Answers 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

5 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

My claim is from illness from Petroeum chmecials, Jet Fuel, Gasoline, Diesel, and I also worked with trichloroethylene. In my denial letter, they only stated Jet Fuel in the denial letter and reasons) and left out all the other chemicals. Can I file a CUE because they ommited important parts of my claim for illness? Note, these chemicals were also clearly stated by a doctor that did my IMO.

thanx..

One of the most important documents that you will ever deal with, with the VA, is your original claim. The wording in your original claim can cause the VA to wander down unintended pathways. How, exactly, was your claim "worded"?

• HadIt.com Elder

retiredat44 - didn't you just recently get your decision or am I confusing you w/someone else?? CUE is reserved for claims that are final, in which the 1 year appeal period has passed.

pr

My claim is from illness from Petroeum chmecials, Jet Fuel, Gasoline, Diesel, and I also worked with trichloroethylene. In my denial letter, they only stated Jet Fuel in the denial letter and reasons) and left out all the other chemicals. Can I file a CUE because they ommited important parts of my claim for illness? Note, these chemicals were also clearly stated by a doctor that did my IMO.

thanx..

Edited by Philip Rogers

Cue claims are very unique, It depends on all the evidence in your file and the decision made at that time. It also depends on if you had met a certain rating at the time of the decision. Can you post the reason for VA decision. I suggested to one member on hadit that he may have a Cue claim because it appeared that he had evidence that VA was aware of but for some reason did not give it any credit. The veteran also had doctor statements and claimed symptoms that met the regulation but VA only gave him a low rating in my opinion. I may be totally wrong but, I think he should look in to it. We would need more information from you.

One of the most important documents that you will ever deal with, with the VA, is your original claim. The wording in your original claim can cause the VA to wander down unintended pathways. How, exactly, was your claim "worded"?

Ok, your answer has already helped me.. I posted my denail letter in the forum yesterday.. sorry, not sure if it is the right place.. in the VA Claims Research forum.

I wil have to find the claim, but all my jobs were listed, and chemicals were listed..I wil post when I can on exact wording..

I am filling out the NOD form.. I want to go see my VSO, but apparently he is no longer working there and has a new position. That have no appointments avaialbale, and I have to contact another office which is 1 hour from me, the office I worked with was only 10 minutes frrom me..

thanx..

Not to hijack this thread but that is exactly what the VA is doing with my current claim. Is it possible change how your first claim was worded? Mine says "claiming back condition secondary to altered gait" The "altered gait" is getting me, its also all movement patterns requiring my knees, squatting , climbing stairs, lifting objects etc.. that hurt my back due to my sc knees.

hijack over =)