VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Which Is Better Tdiu Or 100% Scheduler?

Rate this question

TLaff

Question

Im pretty sure i can apply for TDIU however i believe i will have a 100% after filing 5 actual true new claims my thoughts are if i am 100% i can still earn some money off a website i have but if i go for TDIU i will not be able to earn from my website.

Any thoughts or advice to this?

Further am i better to file all 5 claims at once or a couple at a time?

TLaff

• Answers 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

Here is the comparison.

With IU, the VA feels your service connected disability prevents you from working. You will have to answer a yearly questionanaire about your status.

With 100 percent schedular, you can work. The biggest issue is wether or not they decide you are Permanent and Total. You dont have to be 100 percent to be permanent and total, just have a condition that is most likely not to improve.

Re examinations are possible with Iu and 100 percent, P and T means no re exams are to be scheduled, but I and others know better as they re examine P and T folks in some instances.

It is actually better to have 100 percent. The peace of mind is a little better with 100 percent and even better with P and T.

J

Edited by jbasser

• HadIt.com Elder

How many people that are truly 100% can work? The only ones I know work for DAV. When I say "work" I mean they draw a paycheck. If I had 100% and was able to work I could never earn my living. I might be able to do something a few hours a day. I would like that, but it won't happen since I am IU. By the time most get 100% they can't work and have a hard time just living.

Just as you are 90% do you think if you were 100% you could still post on Hadit?????? I think so and as stated i have a web site that makes money and if i go TDIU i will loose that income, if i get 100% actual scheduler then i don't loose that income i believe. Just wanted to know which is best, i guess i could transfer ownership to my wife or son if need be.

• HadIt.com Elder

If you are able to earn income that is reported to IRS and Social Security as Income you will not qualify for TDIU. If you earn less than the Social Security Minimum you can get TDIU but much harder to do in my opinion.

• HadIt.com Elder

If you're capable of working and earning money, why take the disability. Or do you just want to collect 100% disability and work?? Do what you think is best but not w/help from me. I prefer to help those who can't work, due to their disabilities. jmo

pr

Just as you are 90% do you think if you were 100% you could still post on Hadit?????? I think so and as stated i have a web site that makes money and if i go TDIU i will loose that income, if i get 100% actual scheduler then i don't loose that income i believe. Just wanted to know which is best, i guess i could transfer ownership to my wife or son if need be.