VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Call From Varo

Rate this question

pigdriver

Question

Hey all, been a while. Awarded 70% PTSD, 10% Hearing loss and 10% Tinnitus for total of 80%, all is good. VA decides I should have a C&P for a TBI that occurred in service in 1964, did that. Filed for TDIU and Spousal since they never bothered to include my wife in my monthly benefit (DAV Rep @ BC VAMC forgot??). Have been receiving the normal monthly form letter that claims are in process. This morning I received a telephone call from a gentleman from the Denver VARO. First he tells me the TBI claim is rated @ 0% as expected, then he tells me I will receiving documents in the mail regarding some info on my spouse's previous marriage and divorce, then he drops the bombshell, one of my Dr's has decided to state I am more then likely not able to manage my own financial affairs so the VARO board would like me to appoint someone such as my spouse to take care of my personal affairs!! My next question to this person was "what about the TDIU claim"? The response was my PTSD rating will be rated @ 100% or I would get the TDIU. I don't trust anything the government or it's employees say or do. Why would I get this type of phone call from the VARO (caller ID verified) ? This feels like some pretty scary stuff!! The gentleman also informed me I would not be allowed to have access to or have firearms of any type in my home, car etc. and my wife is retired LAPD!! Would appreciate any and all opinions and advice on this latest scarey thing from the VA. The gentleman also informed me the current 70% PTSD would continue to be awarded until the decision is reached on the 100% or the TDIU. Again this is scarey stuff for me. I just relocated to Coloradro and my wife and I are just starting to enjoy life a little and now this!! Thanks in advance for any input and advise on this.

• Answers 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

2 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

I would take the 100% or IU and then fight the designation of incompetence. You have to show that you can handle your own money. You don't want to do this until you get 100%. You want to appear as a basket case until you get the 100% P&T. I know others have been through this deal. Except for the humiliation part it is good news since they thing you are really nuts and incompetent. That is good from view point of claimant with the VA. Just wait until you get the 100% P&T. Then you can fight the other thing. You must have scared someone. See, in the world of the VA everything is upsidedown. Good is bad and sick is good. The worse you appear the better off you are. A sick system.

I would take the 100% or IU and then fight the designation of incompetence. You have to show that you can handle your own money. You don't want to do this until you get 100%. You want to appear as a basket case until you get the 100% P&T. I know others have been through this deal. Except for the humiliation part it is good news since they thing you are really nuts and incompetent. That is good from view point of claimant with the VA. Just wait until you get the 100% P&T. Then you can fight the other thing. You must have scared someone. See, in the world of the VA everything is upsidedown. Good is bad and sick is good. The worse you appear the better off you are. A sick system.

Thanks for the input john999!! I just don't trust the people @ the VARO, or anyone at the VAMC PCT unit in Grand Junction. My primary has decided I should be on oxygen 24/7 so know I'm dealing with that, wife tells me the VA is trying to "kill" me off so they won't have to pay any benefits, God I love the way she thinks!! Guess I'll just keep taking all the "do not kill" pills and see what happens.