VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Does A Hospital Stay Move You To 100%?

Rate this question

Raybob

Question

Retired on 1 June. Have my D&C rating and receiving disability comp. Admitted to Bethedsa NNMC this past Wed (still here til Sunday). Does your D&C payment go up to 100% when admitted (thought I read or heard that somewhere)? Does the admittance need to be connected to an SC for which you are rated and receiving comp? If yes, how does one file?

Thanks for any advice,

Cheers

Ray

• Answers 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

5 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

If you stay in Hospital for 21 days yes. Sometimes they will pay 100% while you recuperate. Example you have knee replacement surgery they will pay at 100% rate for a limited time. This is only for service connected issues.

If you stay in Hospital for 21 days yes. Sometimes they will pay 100% while you recuperate. Example you have knee replacement surgery they will pay at 100% rate for a limited time. This is only for service connected issues.

Thanks, Pete, answers my question perfectly... I wont be in for that long, so at least I know. Appreciate the quick reply!

Cheers, Ray

• HadIt.com Elder

The hospital stay can be considered an informal claim for a disability or an increase in an existing one. I went to the hospital in August 2001. The VA eventually used that date as the date of my IU award. They did not use it at first. I had to appeal. The first effective date was March 2002 when I filed the IU claim. The VA never seems to make the legal inferrence even when it is in their face. You have to claim it which bugs me. If you don't know you have an inferred or statutory claim the VA will never tell you.

Back in 07 I had to have another stent placed. Only in the hospital for 3 days but put on restrictive no driving for two weeks and then limited light work for two weeks. I put in and was granted 100% for 1 month. Had to send in hospital and doctor's notes.

Hope this helps!