VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Denied Promotion

Rate this topic

I am a vet (40%) and also work in a limited duty status as a letter carrier in the USPS. My va disability also is covered by OWCP, thus the limited duty. I was hired into the usps as a disable vet. I applied and was tested for the usps asp program (associate supervisor program). I was contacted in May that I was accepted in the program. I passed 3 weeks of test and classroom projects. I was told yesterday on my first day of OJT training not to go on the work floor (6/5/6) but to watch films. I was told last night that I will be put out of the program today at work because of my limitations. I will put back in the letter carriers craft in my limited duty job.

Does anyone have any advise on what I should do next? I would love to take this issue on but not sure how I should begin it. The Union is a no help. Does anyone know a lawyer that could help in deciding what my next step should be? The USPS has a history of being hostel to disable vets. I lost some money for taken this asp program due to cancel trips and other events. Plus I feel this is a personal slap, since I passed everything they put in front of me in the first 3 weeks.

Thanks

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest frank
I am a vet (40%) and also work in a limited duty status as a letter carrier in the USPS. My va disability also is covered by OWCP, thus the limited duty. I was hired into the usps as a disable vet. I applied and was tested for the usps asp program (associate supervisor program). I was contacted in May that I was accepted in the program. I passed 3 weeks of test and classroom projects. I was told yesterday on my first day of OJT training not to go on the work floor (6/5/6) but to watch films. I was told last night that I will be put out of the program today at work because of my limitations. I will put back in the letter carriers craft in my limited duty job.

Does anyone have any advise on what I should do next? I would love to take this issue on but not sure how I should begin it. The Union is a no help. Does anyone know a lawyer that could help in deciding what my next step should be? The USPS has a history of being hostel to disable vets. I lost some money for taken this asp program due to cancel trips and other events. Plus I feel this is a personal slap, since I passed everything they put in front of me in the first 3 weeks.

Thanks

SO MANY OF US HAVE PROBLEMS, I WISH I COULD HELP, THERE ARE VERY GOOD PEOPLE THAT WILL HAVE A ANSWER ONCE THEY READ YOUR POST, YOU WILL SEE ACTION. BRETA IS EXCELLENT SHE HAS HELPED ME AND SHE WILL ANSWER YOUR POST OF THAT I AM SURE

• HadIt.com Elder

Hey Three Years

The phone book is full of lawyers who do employment discrimination law. These cases are always hard and take time and money but you don't know until you talk to someone. Federal EEO is different than other types of EEO but Berta Simmons here on Hadit won such a claim for her husband who worked for the VA. I won an EEO similar to yours. I did not use a lawyer and it took me 6 years. You would probably get the difference between what you are getting paid now and what you would have been paid as a supervisor. Keep applying for the program and any supervisor positions to mitigate the damages. This is important.

SO MANY OF US HAVE PROBLEMS, I WISH I COULD HELP, THERE ARE VERY GOOD PEOPLE THAT WILL HAVE A ANSWER ONCE THEY READ YOUR POST, YOU WILL SEE ACTION. BRETA IS EXCELLENT SHE HAS HELPED ME AND SHE WILL ANSWER YOUR POST OF THAT I AM SURE

did they actually say in writing that you did not get the job, if not try to get some kind of response in writing, without it you may be fighting a losing battle

• HadIt.com Elder

3 Years,

Go straight to the MSPB, do not pass go , do not try and gollect EEO.

File your complaint NOW, I dont know where you are, but I can help you jump through the hurdles you will face.

The USPS also has settled a EEO suit called Glover that deals with the exact issue you described, so do not let this linger, FILE a MSPB complaint.

3 Years,

Go straight to the MSPB, do not pass go , do not try and gollect EEO.

File your complaint NOW, I dont know where you are, but I can help you jump through the hurdles you will face.

The USPS also has settled a EEO suit called Glover that deals with the exact issue you described, so do not let this linger, FILE a MSPB complaint.

JR Reihs

I could contact my union but I do not think much of their support. Do you have any personal experience with the MSPB filings? What type of documentation should I gather for proof? I have filed several eeo's in regards to usps and limited duty issues and have had some success. I do not know much about mspb. I have heard they are now more conservative. Will wait to hear more... Thanks...