VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Denied Promotion

Rate this topic

I have begun the EEOC process. I will mail in my informal complaint this week. This will set up a counseling date and also it should set up mediation. I called last week but was told by the assoicate supervisor program coordinator that they have not heard anything yet. No decision has been made on my case. I have begun seeing a private Dr. for my stress and depression. I am still waiting for the Va to set up a Dr. appointment also. I am taking sleeping pills at night so that is helping. Will keep everyone posted.

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• HadIt.com Elder

3 years

The day you can get a lawyer to help you take your case into federal court that would be best since the EEOC process will last for years and you will be retired by then.

3 years

The day you can get a lawyer to help you take your case into federal court that would be best since the EEOC process will last for years and you will be retired by then.

I have talked to a local lawyer who told me to take the eeoc thru counceling, so if there is a way we can come to some type of agreement it would be easier if he is not part of the case. He will come on board at the discovery part of the eeoc. That will save me some $ and make me very non-threatening to the upsp until the gloves come off. We will see what happens. Yes I can be finish with the usps in 16 months, so this will be taken out past my retirement date. Thanks

• HadIt.com Elder

3 years

In the meantime I believe you have a responsibility to try and mitigate the damage so apply for every promotion to supervisor you see listed. Maybe once a month apply for a supervisor's job and just wait until you get out of the USPS. I went through something like this and it took 6 years. What you are going to get at the end of it is the difference in money you would have gotten as a supervisor and what you got as a craft employee if you win. If you were still an employee you probably get a promotion and backpay but this is going to take time and you will be retired by then. How are you paying the lawyer? Is it a contingency or by the hour? Maybe in court you can get punitive damages?