Ads Keep HadIt.com Online. Consider Turning Off Ad Blockers to Keep HadIt.com Online! ×

How Does This Work?

Guest frank

Question

Guest frank

HELLO EVERY ONE I HAVE A QUESTION THAT I DON;T HAVE A ANSWER FOR. I WONDER IF YOU GUYS CAN HELP .HERE WE GO I SERVED IN AIR FORCE 46-49 AND NAVY52-56 I DO HAVE VFW TO HELP ME , BUT I WANT TO MAKE SURE HE IS GIVING ME THE RIGHT INFORMATION. RECORDS FROM 46-49 CANNOT BE FOUND I DO HAVE COPY OF HOSPITAL STAY BUT IT DOES NOT STATE WHY I AM THERE,I AM IN HOSPITAL 5 MONYHS IN THE LINE OF DUTY. IN 49 I DID FILL A CLAIM I HAVE COPY OF THAT LETTER THAT HAS VA STAMP ON IT,SO THAT WOULD SERVE AS PROOF VA DID HAVE THE LETTER. NOW COMES THE NAVY ON MY MEDICAL REPORT EXAM AT DISCHARGE I HAVE MANY MEDICAL PROBLEMS I DO NOT HAVE ANYTHING THEY THEY NAVY STATES MY CONDENTION IS WORST THEN WINGS. AND I AM SURE I WOULD OF DIED LONG AGO OF ALL MEDICAL PROBLEMS, IN 1978 I FILE A CLAIM VA STATES NO RECORDS FOUND HOEEVER WHEN I DO GET RECORDS IN 2002 I FIND EVERTTHING. THERE IS A SMR FROM NAVY THAT HEART PROBLEM THAT IS OLD .,SO NAVY STATES THEY DID NOT FIND A HEART PROBLEM BUT MY DISCRGE EXAM DOES STATE HEART PLUS> NOW IN FILE I FIND A RATING FOR SERVICE CONNECTED FOR EAR FROM 46-49 PLUS EXPOSURE TO RADITION UNDER 38 CHAPTER 5 PART !!!,PLUS THE RATING STATES RE OPEN CLAIM NAVY AND AIR FORCE,HOWEVER VA NEVER TELLS ME OF THIS NEW CLAIM SO STATES THED DON:T HAVE TO WHY NOT? THEN I SEE A DOCTOR IN 93 WHO BACK;S UP NAVY MEDICAL EXAM . NOW IN 94 I GET LETTER FROM VA I AM 100% FOR NON MEDICAL SERVICE CONNECTED THAT IS A PENISON BUT I CAN;HAVE BECAUSE I MAKE TO MUCH MONEY. IN 91 I AM ON SSD SSRECORDS CLEARLY STATE I AM UNEMPLOYERABLY, I FILE A CLAIM VA HAS MY SS RECORDS AS PROOF THEY DENY ME. MY SO STATES I CANNOT COLLECT COMPENSATION SINCE THERE WAS NO COMPENSATION IN 46-49 HOUEVER WITH ALL THR INFORMATION I HAVE DO THIS MANE SENCE TO YOU? IN 2003 IG GET 100% for ptsd BUT THIS ONLT STARTES IN 2003 EVERYTHING SEEMS WIPED OUT OF RECORDS FROM AIR FORCE AND NAVY I THINK THE RO IS WRONG WHAT DO YOU GUYS THINK ? THANK YOU ALL

• Answers 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

12 answers to this question

Guest frank
HELLO EVERY ONE I HAVE A QUESTION THAT I DON;T HAVE A ANSWER FOR. I WONDER IF YOU GUYS CAN HELP .HERE WE GO I SERVED IN AIR FORCE 46-49 AND NAVY52-56 I DO HAVE VFW TO HELP ME , BUT I WANT TO MAKE SURE HE IS GIVING ME THE RIGHT INFORMATION. RECORDS FROM 46-49 CANNOT BE FOUND I DO HAVE COPY OF HOSPITAL STAY BUT IT DOES NOT STATE WHY I AM THERE,I AM IN HOSPITAL 5 MONYHS IN THE LINE OF DUTY. IN 49 I DID FILL A CLAIM I HAVE COPY OF THAT LETTER THAT HAS VA STAMP ON IT,SO THAT WOULD SERVE AS PROOF VA DID HAVE THE LETTER. NOW COMES THE NAVY ON MY MEDICAL REPORT EXAM AT DISCHARGE I HAVE MANY MEDICAL PROBLEMS I DO NOT HAVE ANYTHING THEY THEY NAVY STATES MY CONDENTION IS WORST THEN WINGS. AND I AM SURE I WOULD OF DIED LONG AGO OF ALL MEDICAL PROBLEMS, IN 1978 I FILE A CLAIM VA STATES NO RECORDS FOUND HOEEVER WHEN I DO GET RECORDS IN 2002 I FIND EVERTTHING. THERE IS A SMR FROM NAVY THAT HEART PROBLEM THAT IS OLD .,SO NAVY STATES THEY DID NOT FIND A HEART PROBLEM BUT MY DISCRGE EXAM DOES STATE HEART PLUS> NOW IN FILE I FIND A RATING FOR SERVICE CONNECTED FOR EAR FROM 46-49 PLUS EXPOSURE TO RADITION UNDER 38 CHAPTER 5 PART !!!,PLUS THE RATING STATES RE OPEN CLAIM NAVY AND AIR FORCE,HOWEVER VA NEVER TELLS ME OF THIS NEW CLAIM SO STATES THED DON:T HAVE TO WHY NOT? THEN I SEE A DOCTOR IN 93 WHO BACK;S UP NAVY MEDICAL EXAM . NOW IN 94 I GET LETTER FROM VA I AM 100% FOR NON MEDICAL SERVICE CONNECTED THAT IS A PENISON BUT I CAN;HAVE BECAUSE I MAKE TO MUCH MONEY. IN 91 I AM ON SSD SSRECORDS CLEARLY STATE I AM UNEMPLOYERABLY, I FILE A CLAIM VA HAS MY SS RECORDS AS PROOF THEY DENY ME. MY SO STATES I CANNOT COLLECT COMPENSATION SINCE THERE WAS NO COMPENSATION IN 46-49 HOUEVER WITH ALL THR INFORMATION I HAVE DO THIS MANE SENCE TO YOU? IN 2003 IG GET 100% for ptsd BUT THIS ONLT STARTES IN 2003 EVERYTHING SEEMS WIPED OUT OF RECORDS FROM AIR FORCE AND NAVY I THINK THE RO IS WRONG WHAT DO YOU GUYS THINK ? THANK YOU ALL

• HadIt.com Elder

Frank

Sometimes you can get records from the hospital itself and not from the VA. In other words the VA may have lost the records it has but they may still exist at the hospital. That is a lot of years ago but you never know. To lose your diagnosis is very curious if you were in hospital for five months. That sounds fishy.

Guest frank
Frank

Sometimes you can get records from the hospital itself and not from the VA. In other words the VA may have lost the records it has but they may still exist at the hospital. That is a lot of years ago but you never know. To lose your diagnosis is very curious if you were in hospital for five months. That sounds fishy.

THANK YOU JOHN, I DO HAVE HOSPITALS REPORT DAILY CHECK LIST, THIS IS FROM JAPAN,I WOULD THINK VA WOULD HAVE TO ACCEPT THIS. THE ONLY PROBLEM IS THE REASON DOES STATE WHY I AM THERE ONLY THAT I AM THERE, IN THE LINE OF DUTY, I WOULD THINK THE BENIFIT OF DOUBT WOULD APPLY RO SAS,S NO BECAUSE THEY DID NOT GIVE COMPENSATION THEN BUT I SHOULD BE INTITILED TO SERVICEMEN,T PENSON FROM WW2 I THINK SO IS WRONG AND I AM NOT SENDING TO BVA . I AM KEEPING IT AT VA LEVEL THEY MADE THE MESS LET THEM CORRECT IT UNDER SPECIAL OUTREACH WE CAN ALL PUT IN NEW CLAIMS BUT I JUST PUT A 1151 GOT THAT IDEA FROM ONE OF BETRA POSTS

Guest frank

Dear Frank,

I think you should be service-connected for your heart problems. You have proof of hospitalization. You have proof of claim filed in 1949. You have evidence of heart condition on your Navy Discharge Medical Exam. You have an opinion from a medical doctor who states your heart condition is service-connected to the Navy.

I hope Hadit.com can help you. Thank you for your service brother veteran!

~Wings, USAF 1980-1986

P.S. Some comments below in brackets [ ].

I SERVED IN AIR FORCE 1946-1949 AND NAVY 1952-1956.

I DO HAVE VFW TO HELP ME, BUT I WANT TO MAKE SURE HE IS GIVING ME THE RIGHT INFORMATION.

RECORDS FROM 46-49 CANNOT BE FOUND. I DO HAVE COPY OF HOSPITAL STAY BUT IT DOES NOT STATE WHY I WAS THERE. I WAS IN THE HOSPITAL FOR 5 MONTHS IN THE LINE OF DUTY.

Frank, Did you request your service records from St. Louis - or did someone else request them for you? Have you made more than one request for your service records to include both Medical and Personnel records?

You state your records are "lost" for your first term of service, USAF. Were you hospitalized for "heart problems" during your first term of service? Do you have your DD-214 for 1st term of service?

IN 1949, I FILED A CLAIM. I HAVE COPY OF THAT LETTER THAT HAS VA STAMP ON IT SO THAT WOULD SERVE AS PROOF VA DID HAVE THE LETTER.

Frank, I agree. Very good evidence!

NOW COMES THE NAVY. ON MY NAVY MEDICAL DISCHARGE EXAM I HAVE MANY MEDICAL PROBLEMS. I DO NOT HAVE ANYTHING THEY THE NAVY STATES MY CONDENTION IS WORST THEN WINGS. AND I AM SURE I WOULD OF DIED LONG AGO OF ALL MEDICAL PROBLEMS.

Frank, You have copies of your service discharge exams from your service in the Navy. This is very good medical evidence. Could you please re-write this sentence, "I DO NOT HAVE ANYTHING THEY THE NAVY STATES MY CONDENTION IS WORST THEN WINGS." I'm not sure what you are trying to say.

IN 1978 I FILE A CLAIM. VA STATES NO RECORDS FOUND. HOWEVER WHEN I DID GET RECORDS IN 2002 I FOUND EVERTTHING. THERE IS A SMR FROM NAVY THAT HEART PROBLEM THAT IS OLD SO NAVY STATES THEY DID NOT FIND A HEART PROBLEM. BUT MY DISCHARGE EXAM DOES STATE HEART PLUS.

Frank, Could you please re-write this sentence, "THERE IS A SMR FROM NAVY THAT HEART PROBLEM THAT IS OLD SO NAVY STATES THEY DID NOT FIND A HEART PROBLEM."

NOW IN MY C-FILE I FIND A RATING FOR SERVICE-CONNECTED EAR/HEARING FROM 46-49. PLUS SC EXPOSURE TO RADIATION UNDER TITLE 38 CHAPTER 5 PART III. PLUS THE RATING STATES RE: "OPEN CLAIM NAVY AND AIR FORCE." HOWEVER VA NEVER TELLS ME OF THIS NEW CLAIM. SERVICE OFFICER (SO) STATES THEY DON'T HAVE TO. WHY NOT?

Frank, New Claim or Old Claim?

THEN I SEE A DOCTOR IN 1993 WHO BACK'S UP NAVY [DISCHARGE] MEDICAL EXAM.

IN 1994 I GET LETTER FROM VA THAT I AM 100% NON-SERVICE CONNECTED MEDICAL. THAT IS A PENSION BUT I CAN'T HAVE THIS BECAUSE I MADE TOO MUCH MONEY IN 1991. I AM ON SSD. SS RECORDS CLEARLY STATE I AM UNEMPLOYABLE. I FILE A CLAIM. VA HAS MY SS RECORDS AS PROOF. THEY DENY ME.

Frank, You remain eligible for the VA Pension for your Korean Wartime service. Your SSD is probably a better retirement program than the VA Pension and you can't have both at the same time. You must remain income eligible for either program.

MY SO STATES I CANNOT COLLECT COMPENSATION SINCE THERE WAS NO COMPENSATION IN 46-49. HOWEVER WITH ALL THE INFORMATION I HAVE DOES THIS MAKE SENCE TO YOU?

Frank, If you have a current medical problem, like your heart condition, that can be linked to your service, then you can be paid compensation for it. There is no time limit.

IN 2003 I GET 100% for ptsd BUT THIS ONLT STARTED IN 2003.

Frank, Congrat's on winning your PTSD claim!!

EVERYTHING SEEMS WIPED OUT OF RECORDS FROM AIR FORCE AND NAVY.

I THINK THE RO IS WRONG. WHAT DO YOU GUYS THINK? THANK YOU ALL.

Guest frank

DEAR

Dear Frank,

I think you should be service-connected for your heart problems. You have proof of hospitalization. You have proof of claim filed in 1949. You have evidence of heart condition on your Navy Discharge Medical Exam. You have an opinion from a medical doctor who states your heart condition is service-connected to the Navy.

I hope Hadit.com can help you. Thank you for your service brother veteran!

~Wings, USAF 1980-1986

P.S. Some comments below in brackets [ ].

I SERVED IN AIR FORCE 1946-1949 AND NAVY 1952-1956.

I DO HAVE VFW TO HELP ME, BUT I WANT TO MAKE SURE HE IS GIVING ME THE RIGHT INFORMATION.

RECORDS FROM 46-49 CANNOT BE FOUND. I DO HAVE COPY OF HOSPITAL STAY BUT IT DOES NOT STATE WHY I WAS THERE. I WAS IN THE HOSPITAL FOR 5 MONTHS IN THE LINE OF DUTY.

Frank, Did you request your service records from St. Louis - or did someone else request them for you? Have you made more than one request for your service records to include both Medical and Personnel records?

You state your records are "lost" for your first term of service, USAF. Were you hospitalized for "heart problems" during your first term of service? Do you have your DD-214 for 1st term of service?

IN 1949, I FILED A CLAIM. I HAVE COPY OF THAT LETTER THAT HAS VA STAMP ON IT SO THAT WOULD SERVE AS PROOF VA DID HAVE THE LETTER.

Frank, I agree. Very good evidence!

NOW COMES THE NAVY. ON MY NAVY MEDICAL DISCHARGE EXAM I HAVE MANY MEDICAL PROBLEMS. I DO NOT HAVE ANYTHING THEY THE NAVY STATES MY CONDENTION IS WORST THEN WINGS. AND I AM SURE I WOULD OF DIED LONG AGO OF ALL MEDICAL PROBLEMS.

Frank, You have copies of your service discharge exams from your service in the Navy. This is very good medical evidence. Could you please re-write this sentence, "I DO NOT HAVE ANYTHING THEY THE NAVY STATES MY CONDENTION IS WORST THEN WINGS." I'm not sure what you are trying to say.

IN 1978 I FILE A CLAIM. VA STATES NO RECORDS FOUND. HOWEVER WHEN I DID GET RECORDS IN 2002 I FOUND EVERTTHING. THERE IS A SMR FROM NAVY THAT HEART PROBLEM THAT IS OLD SO NAVY STATES THEY DID NOT FIND A HEART PROBLEM. BUT MY DISCHARGE EXAM DOES STATE HEART PLUS.

Frank, Could you please re-write this sentence, "THERE IS A SMR FROM NAVY THAT HEART PROBLEM THAT IS OLD SO NAVY STATES THEY DID NOT FIND A HEART PROBLEM."

NOW IN MY C-FILE I FIND A RATING FOR SERVICE-CONNECTED EAR/HEARING FROM 46-49. PLUS SC EXPOSURE TO RADIATION UNDER TITLE 38 CHAPTER 5 PART III. PLUS THE RATING STATES RE: "OPEN CLAIM NAVY AND AIR FORCE." HOWEVER VA NEVER TELLS ME OF THIS NEW CLAIM. SERVICE OFFICER (SO) STATES THEY DON'T HAVE TO. WHY NOT?

Frank, New Claim or Old Claim?

THEN I SEE A DOCTOR IN 1993 WHO BACK'S UP NAVY [DISCHARGE] MEDICAL EXAM.

IN 1994 I GET LETTER FROM VA THAT I AM 100% NON-SERVICE CONNECTED MEDICAL. THAT IS A PENSION BUT I CAN'T HAVE THIS BECAUSE I MADE TOO MUCH MONEY IN 1991. I AM ON SSD. SS RECORDS CLEARLY STATE I AM UNEMPLOYABLE. I FILE A CLAIM. VA HAS MY SS RECORDS AS PROOF. THEY DENY ME.

Frank, You remain eligible for the VA Pension for your Korean Wartime service. Your SSD is probably a better retirement program than the VA Pension and you can't have both at the same time. You must remain income eligible for either program.

MY SO STATES I CANNOT COLLECT COMPENSATION SINCE THERE WAS NO COMPENSATION IN 46-49. HOWEVER WITH ALL THE INFORMATION I HAVE DOES THIS MAKE SENCE TO YOU?

Frank, If you have a current medical problem, like your heart condition, that can be linked to your service, then you can be paid compensation for it. There is no time limit.

IN 2003 I GET 100% for ptsd BUT THIS ONLT STARTED IN 2003.

Frank, Congrat's on winning your PTSD claim!!

EVERYTHING SEEMS WIPED OUT OF RECORDS FROM AIR FORCE AND NAVY.

I THINK THE RO IS WRONG. WHAT DO YOU GUYS THINK? THANK YOU ALL.

DEAR WINGS I DID NOT MEAN TO BE FUNNY ABOUT YOUR HEART CONDITION I ONLT TRIED TO MAKE POINT ABOUT HAW BAD THEY SAY I HAVE IN MY CONDITION IS .MY SMR FROM NAVY STATE I HAVE CARDIOVACULAR DISEASE,OLD LATERAL WALL MYOCARDIAL,INFARCTION AND LFFT VENTRICCULAR HYPERTHROPHY. SERVICE CONDITION IS DENIED BECAUSE NOT SHOWN DURING THE ONE YEAR PERIOD FOLLOWING SERVICE . HOW CAN I FILE A CLAIM WHEN I DON;T EVEN KNOE BECAUSE NAVY NEVER TREATED ME FOR IT. I DO FELL IT COMES FROM HOSPITAL STAY IN JAPAN. WHEN I JOINED THE NAVY THEY DID NOT GIVE ME A GOOD EXAM ALSO LISTED IS EYE ROTETATION HIGH BLOOD PRESSURE BLEEDING HEMMORORIDS STATE I NEED A LOT OF REST AND SONETHING I CAN;T MAKE OUT CRAMPS IN CALF I GET SHOTS PLUS MEDS. FOR WHAT ? IT DOESN;T SAY THEY ALSO STATE SYSTOLIC MUMMUR AT APEX NCD WHATEVER THAT IS. I DON;T HAVE THESE THINGS THEY SAY I HAVE I DO NOT HAVE A HEART CONDITION OR ANYTHING THEY STSTE I SEE A DOCTOR EVERY YEAR SO I KNOW SOMETHING ISN;T RIGHT AND THE VA DOCTOR PICKS IT UP IN 1993. IN 1994 THEY GIVE ME A NON SERVICE CONNECTION RATING.EVERT THING IS MIXED UP. I ONLY GOT 100% PTSD IN 2003 THAT COMES FROM THE SINKING OF THE HOBSON THAT I WAS THERE IN SERVICE PTSD SHOULD GO BACK TO 1952 THAT WAS A VERY SAD NIGHT. WHAT IS A KOREAN PENSON? DON;T THEY HAVE A SERVICEMAN;S PENSON FOR WW2? TOMORROW A NEWS REPORTER IS COMING OVER HE;S GOING TO WRITE MY STORY I THANK YOU FOR HELPING ME I ONLY WISH I KNEW WHAT TO DO

• HadIt.com Elder

Frank

I started to have problems with my jaw clicking and locking up on me when I was in the Army. I went to the dentist and he told me what was wrong and that I would have to have a bolt and screw put in my jaw and that I would look like Frankenstein. I said NO I don't want that and left. Years later when I understood that he was just trying to get rid of me I got my records to file a claim. There was a record of the visit but he had failed to put down anything except "Consultation" . No diagnosis or description of the symptoms. My claim failed because the VSO said my records were "silent" on the subject of TMJ. I did have some other dental work done in the Army and the dentist made a complete mess of it. He tried doing a tooth transplant in 1971. I don't think this was done by any dentist at the time. My mouth bled for about a week. It looked and felt like I had an orange in my jaw. He pulled a back molar and then pulled my wisdom tooth and tried to fit it into the socket. You talk about pain and having hamburger for a gum!

Guest frank
Frank

I started to have problems with my jaw clicking and locking up on me when I was in the Army. I went to the dentist and he told me what was wrong and that I would have to have a bolt and screw put in my jaw and that I would look like Frankenstein. I said NO I don't want that and left. Years later when I understood that he was just trying to get rid of me I got my records to file a claim. There was a record of the visit but he had failed to put down anything except "Consultation" . No diagnosis or description of the symptoms. My claim failed because the VSO said my records were "silent" on the subject of TMJ. I did have some other dental work done in the Army and the dentist made a complete mess of it. He tried doing a tooth transplant in 1971. I don't think this was done by any dentist at the time. My mouth bled for about a week. It looked and felt like I had an orange in my jaw. He pulled a back molar and then pulled my wisdom tooth and tried to fit it into the socket. You talk about pain and having hamburger for a gum!

THAT IS TMJ MY WIFE GOT IT FROM A CAR ACCIDENCE SHE HAS SEEN A TMJ SPECTALIST TWICE SHE HAS gone tu a implant spetalist for 20 years she wss one of the first peoplr to have a bonn marrow taken outof her hip this grew new bone inplantre into her mounth to grow new bone after all that work she goy into a car accident not her fault all inplants had to be removed and stared over again to try to correct the tmj she has been working on this over 2 yesrs to correct the tmj, pice 60,000 so far her insurance has been paying for everything if you haveclick or scrap in the jaw you haved tmy

Guest frank

DEAR DEAR WINGS, I DID NOT MEAN TO BE FUNNY ABOUT YOUR HEART CONDITION, I ONLY TRIED TO MAKE A POINT ABOUT HOW BAD THEY SAY MY CONDITION IS.

Frank, No problem at all. I did not take it personally.

MY SMR FROM NAVY STATES THAT I HAVE CARDIOVACULAR DISEASE: OLD LATERAL WALL MYOCARDIAL INFARCTION AND LFFT VENTRICCULAR HYPERTHROPHY. SERVICE CONDITION IS DENIED BECAUSE NOT SHOWN DURING THE ONE YEAR PERIOD FOLLOWING SERVICE.

HOW CAN I FILE A CLAIM WHEN NAVY NEVER TREATED ME FOR [Cardiovascular Disease]? I DO FEEL [the Cardiovascular Disease] COMES FROM HOSPITAL STAY IN JAPAN.

Dear Frank, Why were you hospitalized - for 5 months - in Japan???

WHEN I JOINED THE NAVY THEY DID NOT GIVE ME A GOOD EXAM.

ALSO LISTED IS EYE ROTATION, HIGH BLOOD PRESSURE, BLEEDING HEMMORORIDS. STATED I NEED A LOT OF REST AND SOMETHING I CAN'T MAKE OUT CRAMPS IN CALF I GET SHOTS PLUS MEDS. FOR WHAT? IT DOESN'T SAY.

THEY ALSO STATE SYSTOLIC MURMUR AT APEX NCD - WHATEVER THAT IS.

I DON'T HAVE THESE THINGS THEY SAY I HAVE. I DO NOT HAVE A HEART CONDITION OR ANYTHING.

Frank, Do you currently suffer a heart condition? If you do, you should be service-connected for it.

THEY STATE I SEE A DOCTOR EVERY YEAR SO I KNOW SOMETHING ISN'T RIGHT AND THE VA DOCTOR PICKS IT UP IN 1993.

IN 1994 THEY GIVE ME A NON-SERVICE CONNECTION RATING.

EVERYTHING IS MIXED UP. I ONLY GOT 100% PTSD IN 2003 THAT COMES FROM THE SINKING OF THE HOBSON WHERE I WAS THERE IN SERVICE. PTSD SHOULD GO BACK TO 1952. THAT WAS A VERY SAD NIGHT.

Dear Frank, Did you ever file an earlier claim for PTSD or any related mental health condition (emotional or mental problems) - such as bad nerves, trouble sleeping, anger problems, isolation or the like? When you fileld earlier claims, were they for the medical problems that were listed on your Navy discharge examination? I feel you have been treated very poorly by the VA. Even though you are 100% SC now for PTSD, you need to keep working on your appeals for your heart problems if you still have them. The ONLy way the VA would be able to award an earlier effective date for the PTSD is if you filed a VA Claim for mental health problems over the years.

WHAT IS A KOREAN PENSON? DON'T THEY HAVE A SERVICEMAN'S PENSON FOR WW2?

Frank, There is no Korean Pension. The VA will award a Non-Service Connected Pension to a totally disabled, income eligible veteran that served (at least one day) during a war-time period. WW11 was declared ended when you enlisted, am I correct, but you did serve during the Korean War Era.

TOMORROW A NEWS REPORTER IS COMING OVER. HE'S GOING TO WRITE MY STORY. I THANK YOU FOR HELPING ME. I ONLY WISH I KNEW WHAT TO DO.

DEAR WINGS, I DO NOT KNOE WHY I WAS IN THE HOSPITAL SO LONG IN JAPAN. I HAD A ACCIDENT IN THE POOL I HIT THE SIDE OF THE POOL WHEN I DOVE INYO THE WATER. ALL THESE MEDICAL RECORDS ARE GONE VA STATE THEY WERE IN FIRE. I DO HAVE THE HOSPITAL DAILY REPORTS FOR THE 5 MONTHS I AM THERE, I AM GIVEN SHOT EVERY BUT I DON.T KNOW WAY? I DO FEEL IT TIES IN WITH RADADITION THERE IS A UNKNOWING PINKISH RASH ON MY BODY.THIS WAS STATED ON NAVY REPORT. BECAUSE THAT RASH APPEARED AGAIN FROM SHORT IN NAVY HOSPITAL, THEY PLACE ME IN ISOLIATION WHY? I DON;T KNOW . TO YOUR OTHER QUESTION YES I DID FILE FOR COMPENSATION IN 1949, WE DID NO HAVE THE KNODLEDGE WITH COMPUTERS OR FAX I DO HAVE COPY OF THAT LETTER IT HAS THE VA STAMP ON IT OF 49. NOW ABOUT PYSD WE DID NOT KNOW ABOUT THIS CONDITION BACK THEN SO HOW COULD I FILE FOR IT? THE 1978 CLAM HAS EVERYTHING FOR 46-49 52-56 VA JUST WROTE IT OFF AS NO RECORDS FOUND, THEY TIED NY HANDS, WHEN I GOT THE 100% IN 03 I ALSO GOT A LETTER FROM INS I CAN APPLY FOR A POLICY I SEND IN ALL PAPERS NEEDED, THEN I GET A LETTER BACK FROM FROM INS, SORRY WE MADE A MISTAKE YOU MUST BE DISCHARGED AFTER 1951 TO APPLY FOR THIS POLICY,I AM IN NAVY IN 52-56 WHAT IS WRONG WITH THEM ALSO MY AIR FORCE POLICY IS STILL IN AFFECT BUT WE CAN,T FIND IT. I DO HAVE THE POLICY NUMBER AND INS AND VA REFUSE TO ANSWER MY LETTERS OR CALLS.BACK TO YOUR QUESTION ON CLAIM OR 1978 WAS FOR 46-49 52 -56 NO RECORDS FOUND BUT THE RADING IN 1993 SHOULD SUPPORT 1978 ALSO VA DOCTOR. HOWEVER I DID NOT KNOW OF THIS UNTIL 2002 VA ALL THESE YEARS KEPT THIS FROM ME. YES I DID WRITE FOR NY RECORDS 3 TIMES NO RECORDS FOUND EVERY TIME. SOMETHING I HAVE MY HELP ME , I HAVE LETTER DATED 5-25-94,STATING YOU ARE MEDICALLY ELIGIBLE FOR NONSERVICE CONNECTION THIS LETTER DENIES MY HEART EAR HEARING AS CONTINUED VA NEVER GOT IN TOUCH WITH ME AGAIN. THIS LETTER AS STATESACCORDING TO YOUR RECORDS OF 1948 LETTER IS ONE YEAR AFTER VA DOCTOR OF 93 AND VA RADING OF 93 STSTING REOPEN 1978 VA NEVED DID I NEVER SAW THE RADING OR DR REPORT UNTIL 2002 I MIGHT ADD WITH THE HELP OF A WONDERFUL LADY SHE MADE COPIES OF EVERYTHING I HAD ASKED VA FOR COPIES OF FILE THEY TOLD THIS LADY TO MAKE ME COPIES SO SHE MADE ME COPIES OF EVERYTHING VA HELD BACK EVERYTHING I STATED OR ASKED FOR WAS ALWAYS THRRE THINK YOU IT IS VERY NICE OF YOU TO HELP ME . I DO FELL THE NEWSPAPER WILL HELP THEY ARE INSTERSTED IN WHAT I HAVE MY RO IS NEWARK I HAVE LETTER SENT FROM JOHN MMMOURT HESD OF RO TO CONGERMAN FRANK PALLONE JR,STATING SORRY IT TOOK SO LONG TO ANSWER YOUR LETTER BUT I HAD TO WAIT TO GET RECORDS FROM ST LOUIS BUT THERE WERE NO RECORDS FOUND FOR ME WHEN I ASKED FOR THEM SO LONG AGO

• HadIt.com Elder

DEAR WINGS, I DO NOT KNOW WHY I WAS IN THE HOSPITAL FOR SO LONG IN JAPAN. I HAD AN ACCIDENT IN THE [sWIMMING] POOL. I HIT THE SIDE OF THE POOL WHEN I DOVE INTO THE WATER. ALL THESE MEDICAL RECORDS ARE GONE. VA STATES THEY WERE IN THE FIRE.

I DO HAVE THE HOSPITAL DAILY REPORTS FOR THE 5 MONTHS I WAS HOSPITALIZED IN JAPAN. I WAS GIVEN SHOTS EVERY [DAY] BUT I DON'T KNOW WHY [OR WHAT FOR]. I DO FEEL IT TIES IN WITH RADIATION EXPOSURE.

THERE IS A UNKNOWN PINKISH RASH ON MY BODY. THIS WAS STATED ON NAVY REPORT. BECAUSE THAT RASH APPEARED AGAIN FROM SHORT IN NAVY HOSPITAL. THEY PLACED ME IN ISOLIATION. I DON'T KNOW WHY.

TO YOUR OTHER QUESTION. YES I DID FILE FOR COMPENSATION IN 1949. WE DID NOT HAVE THE KNOWLEDGE WITH COMPUTERS OR FAX. I DO HAVE A COPY OF THAT LETTER/APPLICATION. IT HAS THE VA STAMP ON IT OF 1949.

NOW ABOUT PTSD. WE DID NOT KNOW ABOUT THIS CONDITION BACK THEN SO HOW COULD I FILE FOR IT?

MY 1978 CLAIM HAS EVERYTHING FOR 46-49 and 52-56. VA JUST WROTE IT OFF AS NO RECORDS FOUND. THEY TIED NY HANDS.

WHEN I GOT THE 100% FOR PTSD IN 2003, I GOT A LETTER FROM VA LIFE INSURANCE THAT I CAN APPLY FOR A POLICY. I SEND IN ALL PAPERS NEEDED. THEN I GET A LETTER BACK FROM FROM VA INS, SORRY WE MADE A MISTAKE. YOU MUST BE DISCHARGED AFTER 1951 TO APPLY FOR THIS POLICY. I AM IN NAVY IN 52-56 WHAT IS WRONG WITH THEM?!

ALSO MY AIR FORCE POLICY IS STILL IN AFFECT BUT WE CAN'T FIND IT. I DO HAVE THE POLICY NUMBER AND VA INS AND VA REFUSE TO ANSWER MY LETTERS OR CALLS.

BACK TO YOUR QUESTION ON CLAIM. ON 1978 WAS FOR 46-49 and 52-56. NO RECORDS FOUND. BUT THE RATING IN 1993 SHOULD SUPPORT MY 1978 CLAIM. ALSO VA DOCTOR. HOWEVER I DID NOT KNOW OF THIS UNTIL 2002. VA ALL THESE YEARS KEPT THIS FROM ME.

YES I DID WRITE FOR MY RECORDS 3 TIMES. NO RECORDS FOUND EVERY TIME.

SOMETHING I HAVE MAY HELP ME. I HAVE LETTER DATED 5-25-94, STATING YOU ARE MEDICALLY ELIGIBLE FOR NON-SERVICE CONNECTION. THIS LETTER DENIES MY HEART, EAR/HEARING AS CONTINUED. VA NEVER GOT IN TOUCH WITH ME AGAIN.

THIS LETTER ALSO STATES ACCORDING TO YOUR RECORDS OF 1948 LETTER IS ONE YEAR AFTER VA DOCTOR OF 93 AND VA RATING OF 93 STSTING REOPEN 1978 VA NEVED DID. I NEVER SAW THE RATING OR DR REPORT UNTIL 2002.

I MIGHT ADD WITH THE HELP OF A WONDERFUL LADY SHE MADE COPIES OF EVERYTHING. I HAD ASKED VA FOR COPIES OF C-FILE AND THEY TOLD THIS LADY TO MAKE ME COPIES SO SHE MADE ME COPIES OF EVERYTHING. VA HELD BACK EVERYTHING. EVERYTHING I STATED OR ASKED FOR WAS ALWAYS THRRE.

THANK YOU. IT IS VERY NICE OF YOU TO HELP ME. I DO FELL THE NEWSPAPER WILL HELP. THEY ARE INSTERSTED IN WHAT I HAVE. MY RO IS NEWARK. I HAVE A LETTER SENT FROM JOHN MMMOURT HESD OF RO TO CONGERMAN FRANK PALLONE JR, STATING SORRY IT TOOK SO LONG TO ANSWER YOUR LETTER BUT I HAD TO WAIT TO GET RECORDS FROM ST LOUIS BUT THERE WERE NO RECORDS FOUND FOR ME WHEN I ASKED FOR THEM SO LONG AGO.

Dear Frank, I'm headed out to my garden. I have a small one: about an acre of veggies and flowers. Moving my body, having my hands in the earth and being surrounded by peace and quiet keeps my mind sane. I'm going to respond to the details of your post this afternoon, but I do want to say now, my best advice to you is this: Stay alive, keep on kicking for another few years! After 10 years at 100% your wife will be eleigible for DIC. If you want to fight the VA for recreational purposes, then go for it, but realize it will be stressful. Ask yourself if your present quality of life is worth sacrificing for another battle with the VA. Get that Insurance Claim settled with the VA. They are full of B.S. and you are entiled to that $20K! Look up your shipmates, e-mail them with questions about radiation exposure. Go to their Reunions. Stand tall, and be proud of your service to our great country. You defended her and loved her - and we love you for your sacrifice. I will write to you later. Oh, one more thing, I am going to condense this thread and post it in the Claims and Research forum here at Hadit. More folks will see it and be able to respond. HUGS!! ~Wings

• HadIt.com Elder

Frank, Are you currently rated 100% P&T (permanent and total) ???

How you can establish eligibility for DIC:

This is relatively simple if the death certificate shows that a service-connected disability was the primary or secondary cause of death. If death occurred after the veteran was totally and permanently disabled for 10 years and did not die from willful misconduct, the Veterans Affairs will presume that the death was service connected. If the veteran did not die of a condition that was already service connected, this is more difficult. There must be evidence that death was either a primary cause of a service-connected condition that was not obvious to the Veterans Affairs or the veteran, or substantially contributed to his death.

Dependency and Indemnity Compensation is a monthly payment for surviving spouses.

A. This monthly payment has to be applied for on VA form 21-534.

B. The widow or widower of a spouse who died from direct service connected disability or from contributing causes due to that disability is eligible for DIC. See 38 CFR 3.312 (2004)

C. If a veteran was entitled to receive or in receipt of service connected compensation for a period of ten years prior to death, survivors can receive DIC “as if” service connected. See 38 U.S.C.1318.

D. If a veteran was in receipt of 100% SC compensation or entitled to receive 100% compensation within a period of not less than five years after discharge from service, eligible survivors may receive DIC “as if” the death was service connected.

E. If a veteran dies due to VA medical error, negligence or substandard care, the survivor can receive DIC under Section 1151 38 U.S.C. The application for DIC must be made as well as a formal claim for death under Section 1151 38 U.S.C..

NOTE: A death pension can be awarded for non-service connected deaths if the spouse claimant has low income and the veteran had wartime service. All income, such as social security and any other wages, etc, are deducted from the death pension, however.

Guest frank

ONE IS MYWINGS, I AM 100% FOR PTSD, BUT THERE ARE OTHER MEDICAL RATINGS THAT I WAS NOT RATING FOR , HEARING, SHOULDER.TITTINS,EAR DRUM,VA JUST WIPED IT OUT, AND GAVE ME THE 100% ONLY FOR PTSD. SHOULDER WAS FROM SINKING OF THE HOBSON, I WENT OUT ON SSD UNEMPLOYABLE, PUT IN A CLAIM VA DENIED ME,SAID I DID NOY GET MEDICAL TREATMENT AFTER SERVICE, NOT TRUE WAS UNDER DR CARE SINCE 1980 DR STATED SOCKET IN SHOULDER IS OLD. AS I AM A CARPENTER I COULD NOT LIFT MY RIGHT ARM OVER MY HEAD,THIS FACT WAS PROVEN IN COURT. TODAY I HAD A NEWSPAPER REPORTER OVER HE WAS HERE 5 HOURS, LOOKED OVER EVERYTHING HE IS GOING TO WRITE MY STORY, MAYBE IN SUNDAY;S PAPER THE STAR LEDGER,WE ARE HAVING OUR PICTURES TAKEN FOR THE STORY. HE SEE,S MANY MISTAKES,HE TOOK COPIES OF MY FILE SAID HE NEVER SAW AS MUCH INFORMATION AS I HAD. THERE IS PROOF I SHOULD GOT COMPRNSATION LONG AGO. I DO HAVE A LETTER FROM JOHN MCCOUR HEAD OF VA HERE IN NEWARK, WRITING TO CONGRESSMAN FRANK PALLONE JR,STATING HE HAD TO SEND FOR MY RECORDS PUT HIMSELF IN A SPOT,BECAUSE VA ALWAYS STATED NO RECORDS FOUND,HE WILL WRITE THIS IN STORY ,HE IS GOING TO QUESTION VA ,ABOUT THESE MISTAKES ALSO WHY AM I IN HOSPITAL IN JAPAN 7 MONTHS FOUR, WANTS TO KNOW WHAT MEDICAL PROBLEM I HAVE AND WHY 3 NEEDLES EVERY DAY FOR 7 MONTHS I THINK I MIGHT GET LUCKY,AND GET THEM ALL IN FEDERAL PRISON,I AGAIN THANK YOU FOR YOU HELP MY VETERAN BROTHER. FRANK

Guest frank
Frank

JOHN, DO YOU STILL HAVE THE CLICKING IN THE JAW? WHAT IS SILENT MEAN? IF YOU DO STILL HAVE THE CLICKING A GOOD TMJ DENTIST COULD PROVE IT;S OLD I WOULD FILE A CLAIM NOE UNDER THE NEW CONGRESS LAW. MY WIFE HAR TMJ FROM A CAR ACCIDENT,HAD TO REMOVE ALL TEETH AND PUT IN IMPLANTS TO GET THE JAW BACK IN PLACE THE JAW WILL NEVER BE 100% dentist said it would of been better if she broke the jaw .IF THAT CLICKING IS STILL THERE THE CONSULTATATION COULD BE A BENIFIT OF DOUBT? FRANK