VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Special Monthly Compensation At The Statutory Housebound Rate

Rate this topic

• HadIt.com Elder

john - In 1999, when the BVA awarded my 100% schedular, for PTSD, retro to 1989, they stated that HB and/or A&A were an inferred issue and then denied me, quoting the regulation in the reason and bases, for my denial, stating that I did not meet the requirements. I've seen many vets who weren't advised of the inferred issue and some who were. Since my award was in 1999, my inferred issue has been under appeal, since then, and continues to be denied.

pr

I would like to see where VA has inferred a potential right to SMC "S" for any 100% mentally disabled vet. Do they discuss in anyone's claim here that they considered "S" for 100% vet?

• HadIt.com Elder

Sqmdae

There is nothing to develop in your SMC claim. You are either entitled to it or not. I think the VA is trying to BS you around on this. I got mine back in a month. I just quoted Bradley V Peake and pointed out my ratings and dates. They called it a CUE since I should have got it in 2008. If I had not claimed it (which I am not supposed to have to do) I never would have gotten it.

Phil

When you finally get the inferred S that will pay for your travel trailor and trips to Florida.

WAC

The VA are pros at cheating vets on these things especially effective dates.

• HadIt.com Elder

Thanks, John, it will!!!! I think my RO likes to mess w/me cuz they know I'm right. I just need to live long enough!

pr

Sqmdae

There is nothing to develop in your SMC claim. You are either entitled to it or not. I think the VA is trying to BS you around on this. I got mine back in a month. I just quoted Bradley V Peake and pointed out my ratings and dates. They called it a CUE since I should have got it in 2008. If I had not claimed it (which I am not supposed to have to do) I never would have gotten it.

Phil

When you finally get the inferred S that will pay for your travel trailor and trips to Florida.

WAC

• HadIt.com Elder

I've just finished reviewing the VBM writings, on SMC, looking for additional ways to approach my "s" claim, for the 100+60 aspect, and see that they also use the combined ratings statement in their advice. I would have thought, by now, someone would have corrected this, but alas, they have not. Once I settle in, and can wait for their return call, I'll try again to contact the NVLSP for a better interpretation.

pr

• HadIt.com Elder

DEPARTMENT OF VETERANS AFFAIRS

Veterans Benefits Administration

Washington, D.C. 20420

July 22, 2009

Director (00/21)

All VA Regional Offices and CentersIn Reply Refer To: 211B

Fast Letter 09-33 SUBJ: Special Monthly Compensation at the Statutory Housebound Rate

This letter provides guidance for adjudicating claims involving entitlement to special monthly compensation (SMC) at the housebound rate based on a decision by the U.S. Court of Appeals for Veterans Claims (CAVC or Court) in Bradley v Peake.

Background

38 U.S.C.

• HadIt.com Elder

Sqmdae

Phil

WAC

Thanks John, I hear you...

Bob