VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Social Security Approved On Reconsideration In 8 Days

Rate this question

deviant

Question

I have read more on this website than any other, Ive tried to help others with the things that I have knowledge with. And guess what, knowledge is power... that and alot of anger management/ptsd meetings/medications... At any rate I emailed Mr. Bob Goodlatte, who is my representative after initial denial and explained the situation, sent very curt emails to Social Security and filed for reconsideration on Sept 11th I believe, and today I was told about a direct deposit. I cant thank HADIT enough, also cant thank my Republican representative enough, never thought Id say that, but times are changing. This all started during a BII inventory in the states when a fluke accident disabled me in the motorpool after my last tour, Neck was severely injured. Doc said I was lucky not to be a quadraplegic, Me being me I went and got Lucky tattooed across my shoulders and tried to stay in the military... Needless to say a much beloved Seargent Major who had nicknamed me wildman :) reluctantly told me it was time I went home for good and thanked me for my service and said he wished he had a battalion just like me, and then I was MEB'd out. I think that hurt more than it made me feel better, because the military gave me everything I ever had and I was bound to give everything I had in return. I constantly worried what others would do without me but one monkey dont stop no show. 7 years later my country is actually taking care of me like I was promised. I guess my journey through the system is over for now, There is hope people, so dont give up. Im a true believer that god helps those that attempt to help themselves, that and maybe I truly am lucky, Sorry if I rambled on but needless to say I have a wave of emotions going through me that I cant really put the brakes on... Thanks again everyone

• Answers 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Great news indeed... They called me in and explained my family benefits, WOW! evidently my exwife will be backpayed the family benefits side and money for the children monthly as well... thanks everybody