VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Social Security Approved On Reconsideration In 8 Days

Rate this question

deviant

Question

I have read more on this website than any other, Ive tried to help others with the things that I have knowledge with. And guess what, knowledge is power... that and alot of anger management/ptsd meetings/medications... At any rate I emailed Mr. Bob Goodlatte, who is my representative after initial denial and explained the situation, sent very curt emails to Social Security and filed for reconsideration on Sept 11th I believe, and today I was told about a direct deposit. I cant thank HADIT enough, also cant thank my Republican representative enough, never thought Id say that, but times are changing. This all started during a BII inventory in the states when a fluke accident disabled me in the motorpool after my last tour, Neck was severely injured. Doc said I was lucky not to be a quadraplegic, Me being me I went and got Lucky tattooed across my shoulders and tried to stay in the military... Needless to say a much beloved Seargent Major who had nicknamed me wildman :) reluctantly told me it was time I went home for good and thanked me for my service and said he wished he had a battalion just like me, and then I was MEB'd out. I think that hurt more than it made me feel better, because the military gave me everything I ever had and I was bound to give everything I had in return. I constantly worried what others would do without me but one monkey dont stop no show. 7 years later my country is actually taking care of me like I was promised. I guess my journey through the system is over for now, There is hope people, so dont give up. Im a true believer that god helps those that attempt to help themselves, that and maybe I truly am lucky, Sorry if I rambled on but needless to say I have a wave of emotions going through me that I cant really put the brakes on... Thanks again everyone

• Answers 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question