VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Steamed

Rate this question

stillhere

Question

Well I personally ended up watching this on the web and did not go to the hearings as I wanted. Mainly because I am TOO DISABLED to make it there! Guess I could have taken a taxi but I DON"T have the cash! So I sit and watch!

The hearing as all know got pulled from C-span 3 at the last minute and might be broadcast later.

I find it rather daunting that this committee saw fit at all to have the secretary and all the scientist there when if either one of them had taken the time to read the report and looked at the law past on AO back in 94 by CONGRESS that they would have found out that all of the t"s were crossed and the i"s were dotted. There absolute ONLY problem with this was the COST that this is going to cost the Taxpayer!!

Not once did I hear anyone state that the veterans had to suffer for 40 long years while the gov played around and did their studies and killed veterans left and right did they FINALLY give in to help at least save the Vietnam veterans we have left!!

What is more important to the American people helping care and save their veterans that stood up and fought in a time of war??

The ONLY thing I heard good come out of this was the mention that if something new would come up that the VA healthcare system should not have to wait to care for the veterans and then let them play around again with whether the gov wants to comp it or not.

Bitter? You are damn right! A government that sends it's troops to battle and then sprays them with AO and when the victims start dropping like flies turns their back and refuses to accept the responsibility that they did this to us!!

As always it comes down to the Vietnam vet being belittled and I felt ridiculed because now we are going to cost money to take care of US! Senator Simpson has already said that, and feels that the Vietnam vet is out to bankrupt the country that we served! What a POS!!

I do apologize some what for this rant but I am totally sick and tired of being treated as low life by a country that I feel can not wait for all of us to die!!

Welcome Home Vietnam Vets and hold your heads high take your compensation PROUDLY and live to be 100!!

• Answers 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

1 answer to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

Stillhere

I felt insulted as well. I saw part of the hearing on C-span 3. The cost of IHD and DMII was what they cared about regardless of what smug statements they spouted. If you wait 40 plus years to address some of these things like DMII and IHD there will be complicating factors of lifestyle. Since the Army at least did encourage smoking and drinking those factors are at their door. Those senators with they high and mighty judgemental opinions on 19 year old kids who learned bad habits in the combat zone really make me sick. Bottom line if they could cut VA budget now they would do it. It is public outrage that stops them now. Beware after the end of the current conflicts.