VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Shinseki Defends Proposal To Extend Disability Benefits To Vets Exposed To Agent Orange

Rate this question

justrluk

Question

Fayetteville (NC) Observer

September 24, 2010 Shinseki Defends Proposal To Extend Disability Benefits To Vets Exposed To Agent Orange

By Ben Evans, Associated Press

Edited by justrluk

• Answers 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

I checked the Committee's webpage this morning, but did not find a transcript of the hearing yet posted. I would assume they'll post a transcript of testimony at a later date. I was not able to see the webcast nor did I see it carried on C-Span so I'd like to read a transcript when it becomes available. My comp claim has been pending since August of 2009, but I know the VA won't make a decision it before November 1. I was treated for prostate cancer in 2005 and diagnosed with hairy cell leukemia in 2007 although all evidence indicates I had both prostate cancer and hairy cell leukemia at the same time. Fortunately, I haven't yet required chemotherapy for the leukemia. Unfortunately, I go into the hospital next week for a hip replacement I've put off for a year. Could be worse from stories I read from other veterans.

They don't like the law, change it. Shinseki followed the law to the "T". If they don't like the rules of the game, change them. But this game has been played and is over. this is a done deal.

• HadIt.com Elder

You notice the word "expensive" is in the first sentence of the associated press article. So in the mind of the press cost is primary in agent orange compensation. The press reflects the public mind and mind of the congress. Cost is prime mover for disabled vets. This makes a sham of Prez Lincoln's words about aiding those who have borne the burden of war. Aide them as long as it does not cost too much as compared to bailing out banks and Goldman Sachs.

• HadIt.com Elder

I think they will let it go but beware next presumptive AO disease like HBP or some other organ failure. IHD is law, but the committee makes it clear we are loafers and greedy vets who should just die quietly. They are much more concerned with the money than with us, and we vote for these jerks!

• HadIt.com Elder

I liostend to part of his testimony today on CSPAN2 you can go to CSPAN web page and watch it but our Secretary is a stand up guy in mt opinion. He said it did not matter what it costs he was doing it.