Jump to content
Ads Keep HadIt.com Online. Consider Turning Off Ad Blockers to Keep HadIt.com Online! ×
  • 0

Desperately Need Help Please Post


krbkwb02

Question

Hey all, I posted earlier, but only recieved 1 response and 32 views, I need feedback on this one. I recently recieved a decision getting 20, 10,10 and 10. In regards to the left shoulder bursitis it says 10%, but later on in the ratings decision it says under Deluca, 10% is added to the intial 10% for an overall of 20% for the left shoulder. It appears the Va has made an error. How long after you file the disagreement/request for correction does the Va usually act on these mistakes? Please reply!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Answers 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

6 answers to this question

Recommended Posts

Guest DON20906

VA can take as long as they want to act on an NOD.

Where's the error? They gave you 10% for the bursitis and and extra dime for pain under Deluca, which is proper. If you disagree with the first ten, NOD it but don't call it error. Just tell them you don't like the initial evaluation. The word error has a different meaning to VA than to you.

Hey all, I posted earlier, but only recieved 1 response and 32 views, I need feedback on this one. I recently recieved a decision getting 20, 10,10 and 10. In regards to the left shoulder bursitis it says 10%, but later on in the ratings decision it says under Deluca, 10% is added to the intial 10% for an overall of 20% for the left shoulder. It appears the Va has made an error. How long after you file the disagreement/request for correction does the Va usually act on these mistakes? Please reply!
Link to comment
Share on other sites

ok on the first page of the ratings decision they gave me an increase from 10% to 20% for the knee

a new 10% for depression

same 10% for tinnutis bilateral

and in regards to the left shoulder it says 10% on the first page, but where it breaks down each issue it says 20% for the left shoulder, which would give me an overall of 50% not 40% like they're paying me now.

also they denied my hearing loss, but the way I read Title 38 it appears that I should be getting 10% because my average decible loss for the service connected ear is 105+ with 96% speech recongition however it states in Title 38 that they are suppose to use whichever chart favors the veteran (higher numeral) so I sent them a letter on this as well.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest DON20906

Individual evaluations don't add up the same in VA math as everywhere else in the universe.

a 20/10/10/10/10 (DeLuca) = 47.512% which should be rounded up to 50%*. Wait until your new rating letter comes out and see if they put you at 50%.

What are your db losses at 1, 2, 3, and 4 kHZ, and SR scores, right and left?

*Thanks for the handy calculator!

ok on the first page of the ratings decision they gave me an increase from 10% to 20% for the knee

a new 10% for depression

same 10% for tinnutis bilateral

and in regards to the left shoulder it says 10% on the first page, but where it breaks down each issue it says 20% for the left shoulder, which would give me an overall of 50% not 40% like they're paying me now.

also they denied my hearing loss, but the way I read Title 38 it appears that I should be getting 10% because my average decible loss for the service connected ear is 105+ with 96% speech recongition however it states in Title 38 that they are suppose to use whichever chart favors the veteran (higher numeral) so I sent them a letter on this as well.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Don, here is the hearing thing:

service connected ear (left)

500-hz 55*

1000-hz 55*

2000-55*

3000-55*

4000-60*

average 105 decible loss

right ear non serive connected 13.75 decible loss

96% speech recognition

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.


  • veterans-crisis-line.jpg
    The Veterans Crisis Line can help even if you’re not enrolled in VA benefits or health care.

    CHAT NOW

  • question-001.jpeg

    Have Questions? Get Answers.

    Tips on posting on the forums.

    1. Post a clear title like ‘Need help preparing PTSD claim’ or “VA med center won’t schedule my surgery instead of ‘I have a question.
       
    2. Knowledgeable people who don’t have time to read all posts may skip yours if your need isn’t clear in the title.
      I don’t read all posts every login and will gravitate towards those I have more info on.
       
    3. Use paragraphs instead of one massive, rambling introduction or story.
       
      Again – You want to make it easy for others to help. If your question is buried in a monster paragraph, there are fewer who will investigate to dig it out.
     
    Leading too:

    exclamation-point.pngPost straightforward questions and then post background information.
     
    Examples:
     
    • Question A. I was previously denied for apnea – Should I refile a claim?
      • Adding Background information in your post will help members understand what information you are looking for so they can assist you in finding it.
    Rephrase the question: I was diagnosed with apnea in service and received a CPAP machine, but the claim was denied in 2008. Should I refile?
     
    • Question B. I may have PTSD- how can I be sure?
      • See how the details below give us a better understanding of what you’re claiming.
    Rephrase the question: I was involved in a traumatic incident on base in 1974 and have had nightmares ever since, but I did not go to mental health while enlisted. How can I get help?
     
    This gives members a starting point to ask clarifying questions like “Can you post the Reasons for Denial of your claim?”
     
    Note:
     
    • Your first posts on the board may be delayed before they appear as they are reviewed. This process does not take long.
    • Your first posts on the board may be delayed before they appear as they are reviewed. The review requirement will usually be removed by the 6th post. However, we reserve the right to keep anyone on moderator preview.
    • This process allows us to remove spam and other junk posts before hitting the board. We want to keep the focus on VA Claims, and this helps us do that.
  • Most Common VA Disabilities Claimed for Compensation:   

    tinnitus-005.pngptsd-005.pnglumbosacral-005.pngscars-005.pnglimitation-flexion-knee-005.pngdiabetes-005.pnglimitation-motion-ankle-005.pngparalysis-005.pngdegenerative-arthitis-spine-005.pngtbi-traumatic-brain-injury-005.png

  • VA Watchdog

  • Can a 100 percent Disabled Veteran Work and Earn an Income?

    employment 2.jpeg

    You’ve just been rated 100% disabled by the Veterans Affairs. After the excitement of finally having the rating you deserve wears off, you start asking questions. One of the first questions that you might ask is this: It’s a legitimate question – rare is the Veteran that finds themselves sitting on the couch eating bon-bons … Continue reading

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

{terms] and Guidelines