VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Desperately Need Help Please Post

Rate this question

krbkwb02

Question

Hey all, I posted earlier, but only recieved 1 response and 32 views, I need feedback on this one. I recently recieved a decision getting 20, 10,10 and 10. In regards to the left shoulder bursitis it says 10%, but later on in the ratings decision it says under Deluca, 10% is added to the intial 10% for an overall of 20% for the left shoulder. It appears the Va has made an error. How long after you file the disagreement/request for correction does the Va usually act on these mistakes? Please reply!

• Answers 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

6 answers to this question

Guest DON20906

VA can take as long as they want to act on an NOD.

Where's the error? They gave you 10% for the bursitis and and extra dime for pain under Deluca, which is proper. If you disagree with the first ten, NOD it but don't call it error. Just tell them you don't like the initial evaluation. The word error has a different meaning to VA than to you.

Hey all, I posted earlier, but only recieved 1 response and 32 views, I need feedback on this one. I recently recieved a decision getting 20, 10,10 and 10. In regards to the left shoulder bursitis it says 10%, but later on in the ratings decision it says under Deluca, 10% is added to the intial 10% for an overall of 20% for the left shoulder. It appears the Va has made an error. How long after you file the disagreement/request for correction does the Va usually act on these mistakes? Please reply!

ok on the first page of the ratings decision they gave me an increase from 10% to 20% for the knee

a new 10% for depression

same 10% for tinnutis bilateral

and in regards to the left shoulder it says 10% on the first page, but where it breaks down each issue it says 20% for the left shoulder, which would give me an overall of 50% not 40% like they're paying me now.

also they denied my hearing loss, but the way I read Title 38 it appears that I should be getting 10% because my average decible loss for the service connected ear is 105+ with 96% speech recongition however it states in Title 38 that they are suppose to use whichever chart favors the veteran (higher numeral) so I sent them a letter on this as well.

Guest DON20906

Individual evaluations don't add up the same in VA math as everywhere else in the universe.

a 20/10/10/10/10 (DeLuca) = 47.512% which should be rounded up to 50%*. Wait until your new rating letter comes out and see if they put you at 50%.

What are your db losses at 1, 2, 3, and 4 kHZ, and SR scores, right and left?

*Thanks for the handy calculator!

ok on the first page of the ratings decision they gave me an increase from 10% to 20% for the knee

a new 10% for depression

same 10% for tinnutis bilateral

and in regards to the left shoulder it says 10% on the first page, but where it breaks down each issue it says 20% for the left shoulder, which would give me an overall of 50% not 40% like they're paying me now.

also they denied my hearing loss, but the way I read Title 38 it appears that I should be getting 10% because my average decible loss for the service connected ear is 105+ with 96% speech recongition however it states in Title 38 that they are suppose to use whichever chart favors the veteran (higher numeral) so I sent them a letter on this as well.

Don, here is the hearing thing:

service connected ear (left)

500-hz 55*

1000-hz 55*

2000-55*

3000-55*

4000-60*

average 105 decible loss

right ear non serive connected 13.75 decible loss

96% speech recognition