VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Disability Rate Increase

Rate this question

SaintX

Question

• Answers 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

This looks like spam-something someone put together on their home computer. I believe that nonsense like this needs to be stopped-not tolerated by this or any forum. Those elders on this site would have put out the info for us if it in fact was true or a proposal if it was coming from a reliable source. We are under enough stress -we don't need garbage like this being put on this site!!

i went to a lot of sites to research H.R. 4667. While I did find a lot of inform, I could not find the sort of rates that was posted here. What I did find was this bill still ties us with the COLA, and we all know what is happening with that. This bill is just a way for the politicians to say look what I did for the Veterans. I really hope these rates posted are correct, and I have to eat my words, but right now this bill is like kissing your sister.

papa

After thinking about this, and I could be wrong, but I think there is a bill like this every year. All this bill does is tie the Veterans' Disability Compensation with the Social Security Disability Compensation COLA. It is basically a yearly standard act that means diddly squat if the COLA is ZERO. Can you imagine if the Vet got their rates doubled and the people on Social Security got zip? Can you imagine the hell all the old people (I'm one of them) lobbyist would raise. Looked at the entire bill and while some of the information that was posted did match, most that was posted here was not in the bill. I believe Congressman Filner, whose name I see here quite often, was a co-sponsor of this bill. I do not know him, so maybe someone could send him the info in this post and get his feedback. However, I would hold off on ordering that new car or truck.

Papa

I went to www.govtrack.us/congress and found this:

H.R. 4667: Veterans' Compensation Cost-of-Living Adjustment Act of 2010

111th CongressThis is a bill in the U.S. Congress originating in the House of Representatives ("H.R."). A bill must be passed by both the House and Senate and then be signed by the President before it becomes law.

Bill numbers restart from 1 every two years. Each two-year cycle is called a session of Congress. This bill was created in the 111th Congress, in 2009-2010.

The titles of bills are written by the bill's sponsor and are a part of the legislation itself. GovTrack does not editorialize bill summaries.

2009-2010

Track H.R. 4667

This feed includes all major activity on this bill and its amendments, references in the Congressional Record, and relevant upcoming committee meetings.

Summaries

Congressional Research Service Summary

The following summary was written by the Congressional Research Service, a well-respected nonpartisan arm of the Library of Congress.

3/22/2010--Passed House without amendment. (This measure has not been amended since it was introduced. The summary of that version is repeated here.) Veterans' Compensation Cost-of-Living Adjustment Act of 2010 - Directs the Secretary of Veterans Affairs (VA) to increase, as of December 1, 2010, the rates of veterans' disability compensation, additional compensation for dependents, the clothing allowance for certain disabled veterans, and dependency and indemnity compensation for surviving spouses and children. Requires each such increase to be the same percentage as the increase in benefits provided under title II (Old Age, Survivors and Disability Insurance) of the Social Security Act, on the same effective date .

This appears to be the same COLA bill passed every year. It looks like someone has been taking a course in fiction.

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder

I agree. On govtrack, you can see related bills. That's where I found the ones from previous years. The actual rate increases which are not tied to COLA or SS are really long and contain revocations of the old rates while replacing them with new rates. I mean that it happens for every rate. There's one for 10%, one for 20%, and so on. Big difference than the generic ones like this year's bill.

This is pure crap and should have been verified by more than one source before posting.... I suggest the thread be closed...