VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

New C&p Results For Iu Benefits

Rate this question

Sapper

Question

Hi All,

I had to go to the VA today for an appointment, so while I was there I asked for a printout of my C&P from last week at the VARO clinic. I went to two exams, one for neck and back, and one for PTSD. I won't type out the whole report as I have done in the past, just some of the things that caught my eye.

First off, the neck and back appointment appeared to have no dramatic changes, but I'll list what appeared to be different or eye catching. Just to inform you all, I am at 10% neck and 10% back. Hopefully some of you can help with this section as I don't speak back doctor language.

Thoroco-Lumbar Posture: Abnormal, loss of lumbar lordosis and theoracic kyphosis. NO idea what this means?

They also note that "When compared witht he previous study, no significant change is seen. There is straigtening of the cervical lordosis. The pre vertebral soft tissues are normal. The odontoid is unremarkable. Vertebral body height, disk spaces, and alignment are maintained. The intervertebral foramina are widely patent.

Work Capacity

Related to medical conditions listed above:

Work LImitations: none

Able to work in chosen profession?: Yes

Able to perform substantial gainful employment? Yes

So the back and neck problems look like a no go for IU, but the PTSD exam appeared a bit more hopeful. If you have read my earlier post from April, you'll see alot of what was already stated on this exam, except for these few changes.

First, my GAF was up a bit, to 53.

Is the veteran currently employed? No

Retired? No

Duration of current employment: Less than 1 year

Reason (S) for unemployment: Sleep problems resulted in calling in sick.

Veteran Contends unemployment is due to the mental disorder's effects: Yes

Does the veteran meet the DSM-IV stressor criterion? Yes

Changes in Functional Status and Quality of life since last exam:

Performance in employment, routine responsibilities of self car, Family role functioning, Social/interpersonal relationships, Recreation/leisre pursuits

And here's the big difference, which I don't know if it will ensure me IU or not, but we'll see... and I really hope to get some replies as to what this means.

Is there total occupational and social impairment due to PTSD signs and symptoms? YES

Examples and pertinent symptoms, including those already reported:

He cannot get along with people; he has history of over reacting to things peopl esay and he is easily annoyed and impatient; he is at times rude and has had complaints about his negative behaviors and he has had anger outbursts at work; he is too anxious to drive and at work when he is anxious he cannot focus or concentrate and he has poor productivity and increases aner. He has significant sleep issues so calls in sick about once to 2 times a month; he has difficulty accepting supervision and does not like being told what to do. He is not managing well at home. (I'll cut the rest out because it's personal, but you kind of get the point)

That's all I got for now. Please feel free to let me know what you think. Hopefully I hear something back soon, but I won't hold my breath since the VA has taken ages just to get this far in the claim. Thank you for reading and I look forward to seeing some replies.

• Answers 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

That's what I thought, although since this was for an IU claim, I'm wondering if they'd actually just raise it to 100% Schedular. I would think they could, since the reason they gave me for having to go out for another exam for my IU was it is actually a request for increase claim. I swear sometimes they just try to confuse the you know what out of me...

That sounds good for IU to me. Total social and occupational impairment actually equals 100% schedular.