VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Nod For Ptsd Claim

Rate this question

usmc1833sgt

Question

Hi everyone,

I served almost 8 years in the Marine Corps from 2002-2009. I did two tours in Iraq in 2004-5 and 2008. I am an amphibious assault vehicle crewman and saw sustained combat in the 2004 tour. I came home with obvious issues with anger and solitude and relationship problems that continue today. I filed a ptsd claim myself and got family and friends to write letters and went to the c&p exam and effective january 8 2009 was awarded 30% disability. what pisses me off a friend of mine that was in a rear supply area got 50% and saw combat once..... I filed a NOD and the v.a. acknowledged they recieved it april 23 2010. I elected a decision review officer and sent in a couple more family letters for good measure with my NOD. I havent heard anything since then... Did I do the right thing with the NOD or should I have a filed the va form that disagrees with the percentage rating. I also requested a copy of my medical records from the va 2months ago and got nothing yet and called them to have them say theyre working on it. Would a VSO or the DAV help me on this. If so where do I find them?

Thanks

• Answers 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

With the VA they often start you off at 30% and then if you can show you are worse they step you up to 50% then 70% and the next stop is IU or 100% if you can't work. Are you able to work? That is a key factor.