VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Steps In The Claims Process Questions?

Rate this question

retiredat44

Question

Steps in the claims process questions?

Is thyere a chart somewhere with the steps?

I am curious..

there is the claim, then if denied, there is the NOD, if denied, there is a hearing..

but in between the NOD and hearing there is a DRO (review)?

Who does the review, and does anyone ask you questions? or is it still a one way process where the process just pushes you around with no ability to interact and talk to anyone asking questions or caliry anything?

How does the DRO work and when?

I have a couple questions and statements that could clear a couple things up, and one would think the VA would welcome clarity and understanding and not make things worse with this unfair process..

ok, a little update:

I read this:

"The VA’s highest appellate body is the Board of Veterans’ Appeals, (BVA) located in Washington, D.C. If you do not request a DRO review in your Notice Of Disagreement, the VA will send you and your representative, if any, a letter that acknowledges receipt of your NOD and asks whether you desire a DRO review or would rather have your appeal forwarded to the BVA for consideration. "

So Does This Mean That:

They will ask me if I would like to do a DRO, and ask questions/make statements before the hearing?

Wil I then be able to ask why they only look at part of the evidence, and expalin to them the part they totally ignored?

thanx,

I appreciate this,,

I am stil totally baflled why they overlooked or purposley never addressed al the evidence. I am desperately wanting ot ask them why they ignored it.. I find it criminal for them to have done such an outrageous mistake.. and am dying ot find out how such a blunder was not corrected..

Edited by retiredat44

• Answers 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Posted Images

Ok, I understand,, only when the DRO process has been used up can it go to BVA.. but I really need to correct the errors the VA made in my claim..

I feel that I can go see these clowns in person to have their mistakes corrected, they totally ignored evidence, I need to tel them, and the only way to tell them is in person.. as they will not reason through any other communication. If they only let people tell them they made mistakes, then we would not have to go through these extra steps..

(they totally ignored most of my evidence..) I have no idea if they even read it..

If after I correct the record, and they still screw me at DRO level, then the clock starts on BVA. hearing..

Ok, I understand,, only when the DRO process has been used up can it go to BVA.. but I really need to correct the errors the VA made in my claim..

I feel that I can go see these clowns in person to have their mistakes corrected, they totally ignored evidence, I need to tel them, and the only way to tell them is in person.. as they will not reason through any other communication. If they only let people tell them they made mistakes, then we would not have to go through these extra steps..

(they totally ignored most of my evidence..) I have no idea if they even read it..

If after I correct the record, and they still screw me at DRO level, then the clock starts on BVA. hearing..

retired,

Also, if the VBA does not feel specific evidence is both credible and probative - then they do not have to consider it.

Make sure that this evidence you fell they have not considered is both credible and probative.

I keep getting this error:

"You have posted more than the allowed number of quoted blocks of text "

Of course it is probative, and the IMO covered it..

plus all of them are on the public records of all health organizations as carcinigens, and as cancer causing chemicals..

As I said, I was soaked in many chemicals daily, the denial only covered one of the chemicals, they totally ignored the rest.. and never once they they mention all of them in the denial.. plus, it appears they totaly took my health history out of context... and skipped several years.. and there is more..

Here is a copy of the form..

I chose both the DRO and BVA option

post-5809-042010400 1285962243_thumb.jpg

Why don't you prepare a question and join us here:

Live Interactive Chat with VetLawyers.com Thursday Sep 30, 2010 4:00 PM - 5:00 PM EDT You must be a registered member of the forum to join the chat. VetLawyers will be answering your questions.

I wish I would have known they were going to be on , but by the time I saw it its was too late.. as they would have probably been able to answer one of my main questions...

oh well,, my fault for not seeing it in time..

I spent 1.5 hours with my VSO this morning, and all the paperwork has been straigthened out, all fixed, new paperwork submitted for DRO, everything consolidated, cleaned up,

the DRO requests now have al the correct conditions listed, al the causes of injuries. all professionally, I kept on it, and now the new paperwork is being submitted today.. hard to explain, as I have several claims, and al going for DRO review..

I was freaked out, and could not sleep, now it is all put together nicely, and there should be no confusion about my claims and conditions when the VA reviews it and I have the DRO hearing,..

the VA should now be able to understand my claim and there should be no missing pieces. I look forward to a hearing.. I have my ducks all in a row..

btw, my VSO said my case was the most complicated case she has ever seen, medical complications wise.

Edited by retiredat44

I am expecting a letter in the coming days for the DRO review/hearing. I am stil unclear if they do a review with the new evidence, before the hearing, or just do the hearing, then the review, or both.. my VSO says that she expects the hearing to be by December, she says she saw the schedule, but doesn't know the day yet... if not December then January....

I have everything ready... I hope...

Anyone else getitng a hearing in San Diego soon?

:unsure: