VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Iu And Already Eing Disabled From Civ Job

Rate this question

oldman273

Question

here is the lick I was retired from my Civilian job in 2001 from an injury in line of duty 1997. I was retired for migraines (hypertension) and PTSD. I am SC for for Migraines and hypertension goes through the roof when my PTSD acts up. I guess that is why I live where I live out in middle of nowhere. I get better results living alone believe it OR not but my family has to drive out to check on me. Now my back went out on me from SC injury to my back end result 3 level lumbar fusion VA approved neurosurgeon who did surgery opinion was I am unemployable due to my SC back as range of movement constant pain and arthritis from injury years ago to my back make me again unable to maintain gainful employment again. I put in for IU last year denied kept claim alive now it is waiting game do you think if VA will try to say I am disabled from 1st job so IU is not valid claim?

I am thinking/ preparing for the VA worst case was to apply back to the time I retired on SC but only if I loose the claim for TDIU I am trying to get insurance for my Family through the VA under TDIU. I am only in favor of applying for claims I have a chance of winning. I am not able to care for myself at this time with my back my Neurosurgeon just sent in paperwork for me for Arthritis as well as Aid and attendance. I have a hard time mostly getting my family to understand constant pain and me not able to do common task like dressing myself or household cleaning. VA has given me the bed device to help me pull myself out of bed and the really cool sock tube that allows me to halfway put my socks on but only works half the time. I am 80% now I am hoping that increase in my back arthritis lumbar fusion will at least help me catch back up with the house payments we are behind as the wife has lost time from work prior to and since operation with being out of work with Migraines and my back going out on me leaving me bed ridden. Dint get me wrong I am still happy to see the sun each day but I cant go on with what little help i get from my family. As soon as i get the claims and all settled i am moving out west or to Asia for the winter to hell with the cold we had last year. Today has sucked it rained happy to see the rain just my back started hurting yesterday I knew it was coming. As usual any thoughts ideas accepted. I am just trying to weigh all of my options, My migraines have took a turn lately for the worse so it is not that I try to get into arguments or get my blood pressure up I am trying to lay low examine what i an do myself or at least with some solid advice I get here. Have a good day

• Answers 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

2 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

Well, you need a doctor to say you are unemployable solely due to your SC conditions. Have you applied for SSD? If you do apply for you SC conditions only. What you want to show the VA is that your SC conditions are the sole reason you remain unemployable. When NSC and SC conditions get mixed in with an IU claim it gets complicated. The VA will often jump on the fact you had job injury to deny. It happened to me. I got SSD for my SC condition and I got disability retirement for SC conditions. This helped plus many letters from doctors saying I was IU due solely to SC conditions.

Well, you need a doctor to say you are unemployable solely due to your SC conditions. Have you applied for SSD? If you do apply for you SC conditions only. What you want to show the VA is that your SC conditions are the sole reason you remain unemployable. When NSC and SC conditions get mixed in with an IU claim it gets complicated. The VA will often jump on the fact you had job injury to deny. It happened to me. I got SSD for my SC condition and I got disability retirement for SC conditions. This helped plus many letters from doctors saying I was IU due solely to SC conditions.

Thanks I had ny Nuerosurgeon state in his letter to the VA that in his opinion that my SC back required a 3 level lumbar fusion and that as a result of the damage I am unable to seek gainful employment. I did apply for and recive SSD but it was for migraines (which I am SC for secondary to Hypertension) and PTSD which my Shrink says that the hypertension is aggrivated by the PTSD. I battle depression the VA with its deny deny deny operating procedure will drive a sober man to drink but drinking never helps anyone except the people who make the stuff. I will see my Nuerosurgeon again this next week I have to drop a MRI off there of my head. My migraines are acting up again It is the stress and everytime I see a leaf fall I think about what is ahead for me this fall. Adios and thanks have a good day..