VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Lets Not Forget We Are All Vietnam Vets

Rate this question

stillhere

Question

I have noticed this for a while and wanted to kind of post my feelings on this. Some seem to feel a little bit or animosity toward vets that did file for IHD in the past and stand to reap a large sum of money. Money does not and will never replace my health or my feelings toward my fellow brothers of the Vietnam war! We all know what we went through over there and of course when we got back.

To those that suffered and filed and are going to get a rather large retro I say good for you! To those that suffered and did not file either because you did not know or did not want to I say I am sorry and wish things were different.

We all know suffering from heart disease that is why I feel blessed that it did not really hit me until 03 and in 05 I survived my first heart attack. Now I like a lot of those suffer from the can'ts or should I say don't dos. My wife babys me and almost anything I do that causes stress or exertion I have to limit/watch myself. Not a good way to live but I am alive.

Before the heart disease there was really not a task or anything I would not do or at least try. Talk about a life change!

• Answers 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

I stand with all Vets no matter when they served. A victory for one is a victory for all. I do not begrudge any Veteran especially the presumptive ones. I strongly belioeve until Veterans unite together that our government can and will pick us off and in some cases use one era against another era.

I have no problems with VA making the new Veterans a priority either.

I stand with all Vets no matter when they served. A victory for one is a victory for all. I do not begrudge any Veteran especially the presumptive ones. I strongly belioeve until Veterans unite together that our government can and will pick us off and in some cases use one era against another era.

I have no problems with VA making the new Veterans a priority either.

Well said Pete53...I agree

I have noticed this for a while and wanted to kind of post my feelings on this. Some seem to feel a little bit or animosity toward vets that did file for IHD in the past and stand to reap a large sum of money. Money does not and will never replace my health or my feelings toward my fellow brothers of the Vietnam war! We all know what we went through over there and of course when we got back.

To those that suffered and filed and are going to get a rather large retro I say good for you! To those that suffered and did not file either because you did not know or did not want to I say I am sorry and wish things were different.

We all know suffering from heart disease that is why I feel blessed that it did not really hit me until 03 and in 05 I survived my first heart attack. Now I like a lot of those suffer from the can'ts or should I say don't dos. My wife babys me and almost anything I do that causes stress or exertion I have to limit/watch myself. Not a good way to live but I am alive.

Before the heart disease there was really not a task or anything I would not do or at least try. Talk about a life change!

I'd take my husband/(kids Dad) back in exchange for any amount of retro pay at this moment if it were possible! :sad:

In 2006, when we were @Mayo clinic trying to keep my husband alive, a friend from high school came to visit us (she lived 1 1/2 hr's. from Rochester). Her VN veteran husband had to retire afew yr's. prior to this visit. They were trying to get by financially by the skin of their teeth. When I told her about the comp her husband most likely would qualify for because he served in VN & his health issues were related to VN illnesses, she was dumb founded. Had no idea. Long story short; she made him get a VSO & filed a claim. It took 2 yr's. but he was awarded 100%. She continues to thank me to this day for telling her as they didn't know. No matter who I meet, if issues of health come up regarding a spouse I ALWAYS ask if the person is a veteran & if so, provide what little knowledge I know about the V.A. That's the very least I can do for a veteran!

Many times I have said " I really don't need any friends", well, this board has changed my mind.

Even though I am out of it most of the time.

Thanks for listening to your friend.....Give her a hug, one more time

I have noticed this for a while and wanted to kind of post my feelings on this. Some seem to feel a little bit or animosity toward vets that did file for IHD in the past and stand to reap a large sum of money.

I have not read or found any posts at Hadit.com - that supports the above.