VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Lets Not Forget We Are All Vietnam Vets

Rate this question

stillhere

Question

I have noticed this for a while and wanted to kind of post my feelings on this. Some seem to feel a little bit or animosity toward vets that did file for IHD in the past and stand to reap a large sum of money. Money does not and will never replace my health or my feelings toward my fellow brothers of the Vietnam war! We all know what we went through over there and of course when we got back.

To those that suffered and filed and are going to get a rather large retro I say good for you! To those that suffered and did not file either because you did not know or did not want to I say I am sorry and wish things were different.

We all know suffering from heart disease that is why I feel blessed that it did not really hit me until 03 and in 05 I survived my first heart attack. Now I like a lot of those suffer from the can'ts or should I say don't dos. My wife babys me and almost anything I do that causes stress or exertion I have to limit/watch myself. Not a good way to live but I am alive.

Before the heart disease there was really not a task or anything I would not do or at least try. Talk about a life change!

• Answers 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Me either Carlie.

Well Not here.

2 local vets from the Bath VAMC have grumbled about it to me.Neither one has any basis for any SC claim.

AO was a weapon of mass destruction. Manfactured here , paid for by DOD , and used by the USA----With no regard whatsoever ,at the time, of any potential consequences to the men and women who came in contact with it.

Most Vets when they were in country did not even know about AO. While refueling hot in Quang tri air base 68 they sprayed right next to the fuel pits while we were talking on fuel, Wind carried it and I got a good whif. Smelled like diesel or kero. I really thought it was for bugs. :wacko: I am not so sure that is so.

Yes- a good friend of mine thought it was mosquito spray-US Army BlackHorse Hoi An

He is now 100% P & T with SMC due to the AO.It was sprayed right on my husband as he was on maneuvers in Ashau Valley 65-66 .The dense jungle they were on edge of was totally decimated in a few days.

I posted a good interactive spraying map here somewhere- month by month spraying and where it was done.

His AO exposure was clearly evidence exactly when and where he said he was doused on the map.We were in the original AO Settlement Fund too but that meant nothing to the VA when the fund was paying out AO money.