VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Great Independent Medical Doctor

Rate this question

Blessedmom

Question

Hi Everyone

I just wanted to mention this great doctor. His name is Dr. Jerry Bush. He and his wife is a team and a great team. They are fast and reliable and really keeps you informed in the process. I just finish an IME with them for DIC. I am very please with their service. I don't know anything about my claim as I just mailed it off, but I know he really worked hard on it and I was very please. I know it is hard finding independent medical doctors so I just wanted to mention him just in case anyone is interested. His website is www.jerrybushmd.com.

• Answers 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

5 answers to this question

I am glad you were able to find someone you feel comfortable with and confident about their ability to complete your IMO/IME. Was his fee reasonable and how long did he take to complete the process? Also he did relate your diagnoses to your military service too, right? How long have you been receiving your current %? Was this an appeal you filed for granted service connected one's? Hope it all works out for you and thanks for posting info so others seeking one in that area can look him up.

Good luck with your claim and keep us posted on the outcome too.

• HadIt.com Elder

When a Hadit Member refers a professional that provided good service it is a big help to many who post or lurk. Not everyone is happy with the professional they use so this is a big help.

Its a good idea though to explain what kind of IMO was given, how long it took and a ball park to price and also were you offered time to pay it out.

For many an IMO is a lot of money and if you have little or no income eve harder.

Hi

Sorry for the late reply.

He did a DIC claim for me on my late husband. He discovered my husband had this blood condition which no one ever diagnosed and he had to link it to a medication which was taken in the military. I think his fee is reasonable. He charges a total of $1500. He requires $750.00 for the first payment for him to start the initial process. You can mail records to him. He keeps you inform throughout the process. The last $750.00 is on completion. I hope this helps.

Thanks

This is good news Blessedmom.

Many widows need IMOs for their DIC claims.His set price seems fair to me.

My IMO doc charged $2,000 for my initial IMO and then I paid 2,000 more for another IMO from him to defeat a ridiculous C & P report.The RO had not even acknowledged his initial IMO at that point.

I also tracked down a former VA Neuro (it took me about 8 months to find him) who had entries in my husband's medical records.

My IMO doctor contacted him to put the neuro's email to me on his letterhead. It was only 2 sentences but so powerful that BVA gave it equal weight to my other IMOs.

I have never regretted the cost.But I still think it is VERY unfair that any vet or widow should have to obtain a costly IMO.

It is often the only way to succeed on a claim.

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use