VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

What Do You Make Of This?

Rate this topic

OK

there's another way to skin this cat!

I was reading on a PTSD forum that a rating of 70% PTSD and IU is problematical for the VA according to one of their "fast letters." The reasoning being is that a lot of the PTSD cases have been historically under-rated and that a vet with a 70% PTSD rating that is unable to work has in fact been under rated and should have been rated at 100% from the beginning! Upon reconsideration, I think that is what is really going on! The rater realized the better way to go!

Mmmm... this is very interesting. My husband got IU recently, but we haven't received the award letter, only the letter from the DAV, when he called the VA to request the forms for the ID's and chapter 35 benefits we received a certificate for the ID's that says 'our records indicate a future exam on x-x-2012"..... My husband was increased from 30 to 70% , he was first 10%, ptsd, after a year or so he filed for an increased. He is 40% fibro and 20 % ankle. His total is 90% payable at the 100% IU with benefits. So we are wondering what's going on??????

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• HadIt.com Elder

Your husband is not rated P&T therefore none of the benefits you are requesting will be granted.

You need to ask for P&T and support with medical evidence that your husband will not get better.

Good Luck If your husband is diagnosed with agoraphobia you should ask for S rating. The VA will not give it unless you ask.';

If husband has symptoms of agoraphobia and not diagnosed he needs to talk to Doc about it and have them diagnose it.