VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Just Informed New Ptsd Rules Do Not Apply To Me

Rate this question

IraqVet

Question

I just got off the phone with the 1-800-827-1000 people as I call to check the status on my appeal for PTSD about every two weeks or so.

I have had my case in the system and this is my second appeal.....my case has been out there in the wind since I first filed back in 2004 when I returned from Iraq.

They have been hold up on my case trying to verify my stressor for AGES...

All of the below they have

Well documented VA file from VA shrinks on my PTSD about 14inches thick

I have multiple Dx of PTSD.

I have mutiple stressor/stressor letters.

Letters from Family and Wife about my PTSD

I have signed letters from guys I served with about my stressors.

I have Hospital visits where I have been admitted for suicide...for all that know what I am talking about.

Gaf scale range 40-50

Submitted pictures of my experiences in Iraq....Graphic

Today a lady from the 1-800 with an attitide told me that Since my file was already in appeal BEFORE the new PTSD Rules July 13th effective date that my case would be held to the old rules and that they would continue to wait for verification of my stressor, or make a decision on my case based on the OLD rules. Are you kiddng me I have had this case out there since 2004!

Is this true??? If it is I doubt I can keep my grasp on reality for much longer

• Answers 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

If your case has been hanging out there for 6 years it is time to hire a lawyer. Nothing the people at the 800 number say can be believed. Do you have combat badge like CAB or CIB? That is confirmation of your stressor right there.

• HadIt.com Elder

S/C at 40% for what? Just seems to be something I'm not understanding as to why they don't have you S/C for PTSD already even at low ball %. Help me out here...

I just got off the phone with the 1-800-827-1000 people as I call to check the status on my appeal for PTSD about every two weeks or so.

I have had my case in the system and this is my second appeal.....my case has been out there in the wind since I first filed back in 2004 when I returned from Iraq.

They have been hold up on my case trying to verify my stressor for AGES...

All of the below they have

Well documented VA file from VA shrinks on my PTSD about 14inches thick

I have multiple Dx of PTSD.

I have mutiple stressor/stressor letters.

Letters from Family and Wife about my PTSD

I have signed letters from guys I served with about my stressors.

I have Hospital visits where I have been admitted for suicide...for all that know what I am talking about.

Gaf scale range 40-50

Submitted pictures of my experiences in Iraq....Graphic

Today a lady from the 1-800 with an attitide told me that Since my file was already in appeal BEFORE the new PTSD Rules July 13th effective date that my case would be held to the old rules and that they would continue to wait for verification of my stressor, or make a decision on my case based on the OLD rules. Are you kiddng me I have had this case out there since 2004!

Is this true??? If it is I doubt I can keep my grasp on reality for much longer

I think the new rules only takes place for claims,appeals,or re-open PTSD claims that were filed after 2007 and not before!! Someone correct me if I am wrong? But I think that is how I read the new PTSD regs.

Edited by Chu Lai69

I am service connected At 10% Hypertension, 30% Kidney Stones.

I do not have a CAB, or CIB as I was a hummve driver as support.

First Denial was DD-214,,,,,,,They actually said there was no proof I was in Iraq,,,, had to get them mydeployment orders etc.....Had to get DD-214 fixed even thought I had commendation medal and that was not enough.

Second denial was well there needs to be a Dr stating a nexus betweeen your PTSD and your stressor.

Now they have been playing the we cant verify your stressors game forever. Thats it thats the only thing holding up my claim.

S/C at 40% for what? Just seems to be something I'm not understanding as to why they don't have you S/C for PTSD already even at low ball %. Help me out here...

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder

Here's the new PTSD FAQ: http://www.va.gov/PTSD_QA.pdf

From the new FAQ, you should be able to determine how your claim fits into this criteria.

Quick Facts: This new rule is for Veterans of any era.

The new rule will apply to claims:

- received by VA on or after July 13, 2010;

- received before July 13, 2010 but not yet decided by a VA regional office;

- appealed to the Board of Veterans' Appeals on or after July 13, 2010;

- appealed to the Board before July 13, 2010, but not yet decided by the Board; and

- pending before VA on or after July 13, 2010, because the Court of Appeals for Veterans Claims vacated a Board decision and remanded for re-adjudication.