VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

How To Get Me To Read Your Post

Rate this question

Rich T

Question

I skim the topics and read what I feel is something that I am interested in reading, or something I think that I can help another veteran understand. If you want somebody like me to read your post it may be to your advantage to specify what your topic is other than "I need help"!! My time is valuable and I type slow due to my disabilities. I can read fast and understand easily, but I often just move past some topics if I don't know the subject matter. The person doing the post can help not only me, but other potential readers by being more to the point in the "Topic" and/ or "Topic Description". Just my thoughts.

• Answers 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

4 answers to this question

• In Memoriam

One of the most valuable tools that I have ever seen in my life was Safety Wire Pliers. Navy issued them to Aviation Electronics techs during service. You could always count on them to work anytime that you needed them. The Para-Riggers made us little belt clips so that we could wear them at our side on the flight deck.

When something, at sea, confusing would happen like accidents, deaths, loss of some sort, or just something bad back at home, I would just touch the pliers, and I would pray to god that everything would work out. It got to be sort of a ritual with me.

A couple of years after I got out, of service, I gave the Safety Wire Pliers to a boss, after he saw what a wonderful tool it was. I have wanted to get this tool back for over 30 years. Recently, I found the pliers on the internet, and I ordered 4 pairs with about 1000 feet of Safety Wire.

I am so excited about finding these pliers again, that I just can not wait for them to arrive. JC Whitney has them if you are interested.

Hadit, is the only tool that has given me faith in what we are about. I know it gets confusing at times, but when I remember how screwed up I was when I got back from Viet Nam a little confusion is ok by me. I will find the time and try to read through spelling errors etc.

Thanks, for allowing me the time that you have spend reading this post.

Guest jstacy

I used to use them putting insulation and wire together in the Navy. Just clamp oin the wire ends and pull it. It twists,

Guest fla_viking

Dear Veterans.

I was at a gun show last May. They had a Tool where you threaded wire through it and the tool twisted it and crimped it. They had PCV pipe in a triangel threaded with this wire and totally secured together. It was a neet concept. The only problem was, You could only get the wire from them.

Terry Higgins