VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Still In Limbo With Rating Board

Rate this question

JamesPT

Question

Hello everyone. Just seeking opinions for those who have navigated the so frustrating claims process. As I mentioned in my previous posts, had a VBA hearing before a washington DC. Judge; file was sent to DC, it was then remanded for an additional physical exam at the Vets Hospital. The exam was done in middle of June of this year. Now I am getting statements from the VA Regional stating that they are still working on my claim for service connected compensation, it goes on to say that they have forwarded my claim to the Rating Board for a decision and that they will continue to contact me every 90 days regarding the status of claim. Criminy, just receiving contact statements every 90 days may just be their way to delay on a decision and leave me hanging until hell freezes over. I have submitted numerous statements from Doctors, surgeons, family memebers war buddy statements, Physical Therapy for post surgery to service connected injuries and so on and so on. I just have no more statemets to submit. I will also request an increase for PTSD condition; I have been seeing a private sector Psychiatrist for a support statement, I will get his written statement next week. Had to go that route since the VA shrinks don't write support staments regarding PTSD condition. I am hoping the Psychiatrist's statement helps for the increase request; for all I know at this point we are going to go the rounds and continue the vicious circle which as many of you know adds to the mental stress and it's all very debilitating. Somebody please tell me; is it all worth it? I am mentally and physically a mess on the verge of ending the bureaucratic battle. I think I have to dig down deep and get my fighting spirit and continue with the process. Anyway, God bless all of you ladies and gentlemen. Comments are truely appreciated. So long for now.

Jim

• Answers 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Unfortunately at this point, any paperwork you send VA "may" add time to your claim. You can call the 800# or send an Iris Inquiry and they will not delay your rating but again if you send in new evidence or a new statement your claim will be removed from the board area, and back sent to development to figure out if more information is needed to go with the new statement or new evidence. This is just my opinion but try not to delay your decision, give VA a chance to do their Job. I know this is hard but you really need that decision. Even if you file for an increase for PTSD right now, it "could" delay the decision that you have been waiting on.

Hope the best

Jim,

I have sent you 2 private messages stating that you need to pick a new member name

and you have not responded to me.

You can not have a member name that has anything to do with the words Had or it.

Contact me by PM or respond in this thread or I will need to take further action

that you may not be pleased with.

Carlie, I am terrible sorry about the two messages you sent me, I will get my username changed right now. Didn't intend to ignore the messages, had no access to pc for passed 2 weeks, Apologies.

Jim