VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

C+P Exam

Rate this question

willie 74

Question

:excl: :excl: Got a copy of my C&P for depression, This is what the breakdown is. Just wanted to see what your thoughts are on it. Thank you all.

I am currently rated

40-IVDS

40-BLADDER PROBLEMS

10-Tinnitus

10-Gerd

10-Cubital Tunnel

10-Sciatica For a VA total of 80% disabled

Put another claim in for deppression, panic attacks

Multi-Axial Diagnosis

Axis I Major Depressive disorder, chronic, mild, panic disorder withoutagoraphobia.

Axis II None

Axis III See medical records

Axis IV Primary stressors: chronic pain, bladder problems, recent demise of primary relationship

Axis V Gaf=55

Impression: Mr.Willie 74 is a Coast Guard veteren who meets diagnostic criteria for depression and panic disorder. His inability to manage his panic attacks and his lack of motivation and productivity impact his work functioning. He will likely have diffleculties at this time in any regualr work environment where he feels significant stress. His social functioning is also low. He reported that his prior relationship of two years broke up with him becuase of his physical medical problems. This has increased his isolation and concerns about interacting with others. He does enjoy spending time with his brother.

There is no indication the veteren is not competent to manage any award if granted.

Mr. Willie 74 has undergone mental health treatment in the past with some benefits. He had only recently engaged with the ????? veterns affairs medical center. If he does continue to be engaged in mental health care, it is likely that his mood would improve.

Based on the availiable information, it is more likely than not that his depression and panic attacks are cuased or exacerbated by his service connected medical problems..

I have been seeing a phyc for almost a year and then I decided to claim for depression and panic attacks. My past Gaf were 50

and the C&p gaf was 55.

What do you all think? I have applied for IU after my intial disability claim and was denied.

• Answers 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

Vet13

That trick question the VA shrink threw at you was to test you ability to think abstractly. People with schizophrenia and severe mental illness can't do that very well. My private psychologist told me to stay up all night before my C&P and drink about 5 cups of strong coffee. He said I would be jumping around so much they would probably just give me 100% on the spot. He was only half kidding. When you get your exams be aware that they may be watching you in waiting room and as you leave to see if you behave differently in the exam and out of the exam. I could write a book about this subject. You can be a psychotic and come out of one of those exams with a GAF of 80, or be DX'ed as a sociopath.

Sorry it took so long to reply. I remember the denial saying that there was nothing in my files saying i cannot work due to my disablities. I was awarded 50% for My depression and that pushed me up to 90%. I am in the process of filing for IU again. I was awarded SSD and sent them a copy of that letter as well. My C and P is tomarrow so we will see.

Do I read this right- you are 74 years old?

"He will likely have diffleculties at this time in any regualr work environment where he feels significant stress." DUH!!!!!

But this speaks to the fact that VA doesn't consider age a factor in TDIU claims------ (I guess)

Berta,

You read right the post states 74 years old.

VA is not supposed to factor advanced age in.

Vet13

That trick question the VA shrink threw at you was to test you ability to think abstractly. People with schizophrenia and severe mental illness can't do that very well. My private psychologist told me to stay up all night before my C&P and drink about 5 cups of strong coffee. He said I would be jumping around so much they would probably just give me 100% on the spot. He was only half kidding. When you get your exams be aware that they may be watching you in waiting room and as you leave to see if you behave differently in the exam and out of the exam. I could write a book about this subject. You can be a psychotic and come out of one of those exams with a GAF of 80, or be DX'ed as a sociopath.

Watching you in the waiting room?? Watching you when you leave?? Really?? So they have people sneaking around watching everyone? Come on people!! Remind me to never go to your VAMAC!!! Have never heard that but if its true, now that's lower then low!!!!!! But I guess that is possible. That's not kewl at all!!

Edited by Chu Lai69