VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

C+P Exam

Rate this question

willie 74

Question

:excl: :excl: Got a copy of my C&P for depression, This is what the breakdown is. Just wanted to see what your thoughts are on it. Thank you all.

I am currently rated

40-IVDS

40-BLADDER PROBLEMS

10-Tinnitus

10-Gerd

10-Cubital Tunnel

10-Sciatica For a VA total of 80% disabled

Put another claim in for deppression, panic attacks

Multi-Axial Diagnosis

Axis I Major Depressive disorder, chronic, mild, panic disorder withoutagoraphobia.

Axis II None

Axis III See medical records

Axis IV Primary stressors: chronic pain, bladder problems, recent demise of primary relationship

Axis V Gaf=55

Impression: Mr.Willie 74 is a Coast Guard veteren who meets diagnostic criteria for depression and panic disorder. His inability to manage his panic attacks and his lack of motivation and productivity impact his work functioning. He will likely have diffleculties at this time in any regualr work environment where he feels significant stress. His social functioning is also low. He reported that his prior relationship of two years broke up with him becuase of his physical medical problems. This has increased his isolation and concerns about interacting with others. He does enjoy spending time with his brother.

There is no indication the veteren is not competent to manage any award if granted.

Mr. Willie 74 has undergone mental health treatment in the past with some benefits. He had only recently engaged with the ????? veterns affairs medical center. If he does continue to be engaged in mental health care, it is likely that his mood would improve.

Based on the availiable information, it is more likely than not that his depression and panic attacks are cuased or exacerbated by his service connected medical problems..

I have been seeing a phyc for almost a year and then I decided to claim for depression and panic attacks. My past Gaf were 50

and the C&p gaf was 55.

What do you all think? I have applied for IU after my intial disability claim and was denied.

• Answers 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Watching you in the waiting room?? Watching you when you leave?? Really?? So they have people sneaking around watching everyone? Come on people!! Remind me to never go to your VAMAC!!! Have never heard that but if its true, now that's lower then low!!!!!! But I guess that is possible. That's not kewl at all!!

Chu Lai69, when I went to my C&P for PTSD, I was 10 minutes early for the appointment. I was still left waiting until way past the appointment time. While I was in the waiting room, getting increasingly stressed because of the wait, the traffic going through the place, the noise of the TV, and just plain smothering anxiety about being there at all, a young woman came out of the office area. She sat down across from me, and I kept waiting for her to speak to me, because I felt like she was looking at me. She had a white clipboard. I don't know if she was taking notes. She didn't speak to any other patients. After several minutes, she got up and went back into the office area. It was only a few days later that I realized she might have been evaluating people who were in the waiting room.

I might have been in near panic, but I can tell you who else was in that room with me. I try not to make eye contact because I avoid engagement with other people, but I can tell you that the woman with the clipboard had long dark hair and was wearing a red top with a white skirt. There was a young patient, young soldier-type, talking back to the TV, and his wife was there with a little baby girl in a baby carrier. The receptionist guy had blond hair and a mustache, and was busy making appointment reminder calls. Several people kept passing through the waiting room and one of the doors was beside my chair, which I hated because people kept opening it from the other side. There was a woman sitting next to me, reading People magazine.

If you think I'm paranoid, you're right. But that doesn't mean I'm wrong.

I truly believe evaluators watch you, maybe not sneaking around in ninja suits or with secret spy equipment, but why wouldn't they? If you were a mental health evaluator, wouldn't you want to know whether a patient behaved differently when they were outside your office? At the very least, wouldn't you want to see how the patient reacted to a crowded waiting area? You might not be looking for fraud, but for things the patient might not be able to articulate. I bet there's plenty of guys who wouldn't hurry to tell a stranger that sitting there for 15 minutes, in that small crowded room, was scaring the crap out of him and that he was fighting tears the whole time.

• HadIt.com Elder

When I have read my notes I see comments on dress, attitude, eye contact and engagement with the interviewer. They also make comments about if you came with someone and any devises you use like canes or wheelchairs.