VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Dobutamine Stress Echo

Rate this topic

• HadIt.com Elder

Saturday I went to Dallas VAMC for this test. I have had 4 chemical stress tests at VA and this was by far the easiest so far. Other than the hassle of getting an iv set up that worked it was pretty easy. During the test I got a headache that went away and also got twitches and pain but not intolerable.

All in all it took about and hour and 20 minutes from start to finish. The Doc and the PCN talked about football but my nurse and technician were both top notch.

The Doc told me it looked pretty good and that he would have a report for my Doc in a few days. I guess if I want to find out anything I will need to get a copy of my report.

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Saturday I went to Dallas VAMC for this test. I have had 4 chemical stress tests at VA and this was by far the easiest so far. Other than the hassle of getting an iv set up that worked it was pretty easy. During the test I got a headache that went away and also got twitches and pain but not intolerable.

All in all it took about and hour and 20 minutes from start to finish. The Doc and the PCN talked about football but my nurse and technician were both top notch.

The Doc told me it looked pretty good and that he would have a report for my Doc in a few days. I guess if I want to find out anything I will need to get a copy of my report.

Pete I had one of these back in April I think. It was for a QTC for my heart rating. I ask the doc at the time if I could get a print out of the test for my private cardio doc and he said sure and gave it to me before I left. He even put down my request for a copy of the total report and got it a couple of weeks later.

Glad yours was a good one.

Pete I had one of these back in April I think. It was for a QTC for my heart rating. I ask the doc at the time if I could get a print out of the test for my private cardio doc and he said sure and gave it to me before I left. He even put down my request for a copy of the total report and got it a couple of weeks later.

Glad yours was a good one.

I shudder Every time I hear about this test. Nice yours worked fine. I didn't recover the way they expected. The reverse procedure, medication and had to lay down for 2 hours before we continued the test. They don;t want me to do a regular stress test because of my back, feet, and spiking blood pressure.