VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Tdiu : Meds And Physical Limitations

Rate this question

JuanP

Question

Does the fact that the meds you are on, diminish your capacity to : learn, focus, concentrate, remember, follow one train of thought, etc. add to your physical disability when the VA decides if you can work when going for TDIU ? Or is the effect that the meds have on you not make a difference?

• Answers 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

4 answers to this question

Some Meds with documented side affects can make a difference.

If a vet is taking SC meds and applies for TDIU they should mention the side affects of the SC meds as to Dont take and Drive, can cause confusion, sleeplessness etc.It pays to send them the actual med profile as to the side affects they have and to mention any serious side affects to your doctor.

However this is only a small part of a TDIU determination.

OK, thank you Berta. My work history is mainly in a warehouse setting, and so to me, I don't believe it's possible in any reality that I would be able to do any of the jobs I have done in the past and am qualified for........ we shall see.

I realize after coming to this area of the forums, that I need to specify or request that I'm am trying for TDIU. I would have thought it obvious. I will now continue to read through this board and try to digest the information on here. I think that I've done all I can do with trying to service connect everything. So I guess that this is my next step.

VA will not consider a vet for TDIU until they reach 70% SC.

But many vets apply themselves even if not at 70% yet.

This often preserves their earliest effective date for TDIU.

If VA Voc rehab ever turned you down solely due to SC, make sure they know that. And if you attain SSDI solely for SC make sure they know that too and obtain the SSA records.

Here is the TDIU form:

TDIU 21-8940.pdf

Man!!! I'm so angry. The VA doesn't tell you anything. My VSO supplied by the VA in Orlando didn't help me at all with this. I could have filed this paperwork many months ago, along with my application to be looked at for service connection. But all he did was just to do the minimum without telling me what I was eligible for and how to go about it. I'm so angry and I have become convinced that I can't do this my self because I can't concentrate on this stuff at all to weed through all of the information. Almost 5 months have passed since I put in my initial claim information, and that;'s 5 months that the VA will certainly get out of paying the full amount of what they would have to write a check for! This whole process is painful ! Thanks to all of you for the information.

I'm just going to have to get a lawyer.