VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Cardio

Rate this question

Berta

Question

These links might help someone with a IHD claim.

If I had not gotten a medical acronym list years ago (that was very limited and pre -internet)I would not have won my claims.

The best one I found was in a book at a yard sale that a nurse had =with lots of medical texts for sale.

The internet has certainly altered the lives of any VA claimant since those days.

http://www.nfchcm.com/cardiac_acronyms.htm

http://www.medhelp.org/tags/health_page/280/Heart/Common-Heart-Related-Acronyms?hp_id=2

If the word ischemia regarding the heart appears in any new AO presumptive claim,the VA will seek the results of any ECHO and/or METS tests and can rate ,in many cases, with these results.

Still some of our IHD claims might be more involved than that.

I hope not but not all heart disease is ischemic -but most heart disease is.

• Answers 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

2 answers to this question

Berta I think we will see each and every RO doing what they want in regard to these claims and leave veterans twisting in the wind. I hope not but there is the opportunity here for this confusing type condition to be manipulated to many extremes.

I would recommend any heart patient to point blank ask their cardio doc are my symptoms Ischemic? If not why? And get it in writing!

You are absolutely right as to asking the doc if the cardio problem is or isn't ischemic in nature.

and right about the 'manipulation' factor-in my opinion.

I just don't trust any IBM system or VA rater to get all of these IHD claims right the first time.