VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Ptsd C&p Exam

Rate this question

prietosky

Question

I have a appeal concerning a PTSD issue,DRO has order a PTSD exam because the first time when they denied my claim regional office did not sent my to get one. I already did the C&P exam two months ago.The exam only took 20 minutes, I was awarded with CAB since my last deployment to IRACK. I has been in PTSD clinic since 2 years,been in day hospital at VAMC for two weeks,anger managment treatment and so on,in my way out to the door the examiner stated I am service connected for PTSD, here is my question, HOW LONG I HAVE TO WAIT TO GOT RESPONSE FROM THE DRO AND WHAT PERCENT COULD I HAVE BASED ON THE ABOVE INFORMATION? COMENTS WILL BE WELCOME THANKS

• Answers 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

3 answers to this question

I have a appeal concerning a PTSD issue,DRO has order a PTSD exam because the first time when they denied my claim regional office did not sent my to get one. I already did the C&P exam two months ago.The exam only took 20 minutes, I was awarded with CAB since my last deployment to IRACK. I has been in PTSD clinic since 2 years,been in day hospital at VAMC for two weeks,anger managment treatment and so on,in my way out to the door the examiner stated I am service connected for PTSD, here is my question, HOW LONG I HAVE TO WAIT TO GOT RESPONSE FROM THE DRO AND WHAT PERCENT COULD I HAVE BASED ON THE ABOVE INFORMATION? COMENTS WILL BE WELCOME THANKS

prietosky,

This is one of the issues the VA 800 # (1-800-827-1000) can usually provide an accurate answer on.

I would call them and ask what disabilities am I currently service connected (SC'd) for, under what Diagnostic Codes

and at what percentage for each.

This way you can verify if you really are currently SC'd for PTSD and at what percentage for right now.

There is no timeframe the DRO has to go by to provide a "RESPONSE" to a claimant.

The information you have provided is insufficient to even begin to speculate on a percentage.

In order to speculate on a percentage level for PTSD you would need to compare your Medical Evidence of Record

against the criteria in Part 4.

http://edocket.access.gpo.gov/cfr_2009/julqtr/38cfr4.130.htm

• HadIt.com Elder

examiners do not grant SC all they do is write up their medical opinions and send the, to the VARO the raters will decide if you are service connected and at what percentage and with the info you have here there is no way to even make a WAG other than you could be rated anywhere from 0% 10% 30% 50% 70% or 100% or 70% TDIU which still pays the same as the 100% level mental health awards are never awarded in even percentages 20, 40, 60 or 80 they are always odd numbers except the 100% award

I use the concept I don't believe anything I am told by anyone at the VA I only believe what they put in writing and I trust them even more after the deposit is made to the bank calling the 800 number is usually a waste of your time and the people on the other end will tell you anything to get you off the phone and it's usually wrong

• HadIt.com Elder

Look about 9 years ago I called the VA 800 number and asked about my IU claim. They told me I had won big with lots of retro. That was a lie. I was denied. The VA lies and makes things up to get you off the phone. If it is not in writing or in the bank then you can't believe it. Even if it is in the bank you can't always believe it since the VA sent me another's veterans compensation once for about 6 months even when I told them they were wrong they kept sending it.