VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Tdiu Denial

Rate this question

scout1069

Question

I got denied for TDIU based on what seems to be just a lack of evidence. So okay. I talked to my social worker guy down in Gainesville and asked his opinion on whether or not he thinks I'm employable. He says no and he will write a letter for me if I want to pursue it. I have since then applied for Voc-Rehab and tomorrow is my appointment with them. I would like to know what to expect. I am currently 70% PTSD, 20% neck, 20% lower back. I have been Baker acted twice since being Med-Boarded for PTSD back in May 2008. I have a hard time following conversations, instructions. I generally don't like people, I hate crowds and I have panic attacks while driving. I take Seroquel, Bupropion, and a couple of other things for my PTSD issues and honestly all they do is put me to sleep. Now I'm not trying to get anything that's not due, but damn they make it hard to function in anything that's not violence or sleep related. I am going crazy with this crap. I don't mean to vent, but If I take the meds I can't move or think straight. If I don't take them I'm going off on people. Including family. The VA has been trying to get my meds straight for almost 2 yrs. now. Okay now I'm rambling. Sorry. I know from reading some posts on here that there is a letter that can be had from voc-rehab. What do they base this off of, or how do they come to the conclusion that you are unemployable?

• Answers 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

4 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

You should get an MD to say you are unemployable. I think from the drugs you are taking you are unemployable. The VA will never get your meds straight. Get what is known as an independent medical opinion. If you have been Baker Acted twice I don't think you are up to working a steady job. I am in Florida so I know what Baker Act means. Seroquel is anti-psychotic med. Are you even safe to drive?

I try not to drive as much as I can, but when I do, no probably not. So an IMO will help, but the only people I talk to about this stuff are a LCSW and the nurse that manages my medication. Will a letter from either or both of them do? I'm going to be talking with a Voc-Rehab counselor tomorrow appearing the same as any other day, meaning I'm not going to NOT take my meds for this appointment. Well thanks for the reply.

You should get an MD to say you are unemployable. I think from the drugs you are taking you are unemployable. The VA will never get your meds straight. Get what is known as an independent medical opinion. If you have been Baker Acted twice I don't think you are up to working a steady job. I am in Florida so I know what Baker Act means. Seroquel is anti-psychotic med. Are you even safe to drive?

Thanks Notorious. I just got back from Voc Rehab. I took their little tests, and talked to a counselor. The guy didn't seem to care much about hearing what someone with PTSD has to go through and pretty much passed the buck to WWP to discuss enrollment in the TRACK program. I'm getting irritated by this. Can anyone please tell me what I'm doing wrong here? I have clearly stated to both the VA and WWP that I'm persuing the TDIU route right now due to my pysch issues. The VA form 28-8606 says I have been found to have a serious employment handicap because my disabilities significantly impact my vocational opportunities. Does this have any weight towards my claim or am I needing something else? Thanks for any replies.

Scout,

I'm sorry you're dealing with this frustration on top of your other ailments.

It should help when Voc Rehab says you're unemployable and also to get that IMO letter.

Thank you for your service!