VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Retro Pay ?

Rate this question

Charleese

Question

Hi All,

What happens when a vet received TDIU in 2008 for a total of 60% at 100% and then receives 50% for PTSD in 2010 making his total 80% at 100%. Does vet get in cash the 2 years of back retro pay for PTSD (2008-2010)or because he has TDIU at 100% he gets no cash but credit for those 2 years?/b]

Thanks for your replies in advance.

• Answers 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

4 answers to this question

I was surprised to find out the military had already calculated my retro for retirement pay for going to 50% 2 weeks after getting my rating from the VA. They really ripped me off. I figured that they were going at 376.00 for 30% then I went to 50% effective 01 feb this year. MY calculation was 376 x 9 =3411.00. Wrong! I only get 1841.00, and then they minus the fed taxes-probably 20%. However there is a law called the strictland decision which is supposed to waive those taxes, you have to send the letter in to the iris at tax time to request a waiver of the taxes withheld. This will be paid within 2 weeks, however they always say that and deposit it anytime.