VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Va Workers Angry About Treatment Of Veterans

Rate this question

rogus

Question

Even VA workers are fed up with how they feel they must treat veterans cases: (taken directly from their website)

AFGE Workers admit case conflicts

http://www.local2823.org/information_members.htm

Did I say That ??

With the increasing administrative legal/ regulatory/ administrative complexity of correctly processing a veterans claim:

1) Why is there more pressure for production when claims are getting harder and much more time consuming to do them correctly?

2) Why aren't more attorneys hired as VA managers?

3) Why is the concept of "Due process of law" still treated as "just the Latest VA Buzz word" when a station is in danger of not making its numbers?

4) Why Does Central Office Allow Managers of special teams such as the AMC or the tiger team to send out substandard DTA letters that are either incorrect or more confusing than our normal confusing letters? The same with their ratings?

5) Why does DUSB Cooper state that "Brokering Works" when those cases disproportionally wind up on our appeals team? We refer to them as " broken work".

6) Also, if "Brokering works" then why aren't all stations that the work is brokered to have their name on the Heading of the Rating Decision? Aren't they Proud of their Work?

7) Who is responsible for INDEPENDENTLY quantifying amount of work performed under the CPI model as opposed to other models of work?

8) Who is responsible for calling something a "business line" when we are government agency. In a market based economy government agency's only belong in a market failure environment. As we have no competition, and no bottom line we cannot be called a business or a firm. Therefore, use of those terms are misleading even if borrowed. If we cannot even get something as simple as accurately identifying/ labeling what we do then everything else will be flawed from the beginning. While this may seem overly simplistic. In boot camp the argument was " if we can't trust you to fold your underwear correctly, why should we trust you with an F-18?" Here, if you can't be precise on what my job is then you really don't know what I do and your credibility is nil.

9) Why does the VBA apply one set of easier rules for veterans who apply for pension and another set of harder rules for veterans who apply for compensation. So a Crack head who is paranoid solely due to his illegal drug use gets $800 per month for being a crack head ( he might have 10% hypertension and a headache) with virtually no hassle, but a Vietnam or Iraqi Freedom vet with a Below the Knee Amputation gets less than $400 per month? If the Guy doesn't have PTSD after combat He WILL after dealing with the Comp System. ( try calling the 800 line when you're in pain then call your VAMC and tell me how you feel)

10) Why is quality ALWAYS sacrificed for quantity for rating output? Or Why do we always have time to do the same claim over 4-5 times instead of 1 or 2.

11) Please explain the VA system of formal ongoing training for journeyman RSVRs. Who is responsible? Please provide a detailed command structure, if any, and or any future plans.

12) Why is the VBA so adverse to ongoing training and education? Do you wish to drive your new hires away due to sheer boredom?

13) In November 2004, the GAO came out with a report (GAO 05-47) that VBA could not clearly explain the complexity of claims or workload to justify its staffing request. If they cannot justify their claims to Congress on something as important as the budget, how can they justify their workload to us in light of the complexity of cases we have to work?

Now if any one can get these Labor & Management Relations questions answered by the Secretary or his designee, I suppose Veterans and Congress would have most of their questions answered also.

[ Information ]

• Answers 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

The way to build up some sympathy for vets is to bring back the Draft so that all Americans have the opportunity to be on KP at 4am in the morning. what Americans think now about the guys who get KIA or WIA is that "they asked for it" or "they knew what they were getting into" even though most 10-20 year olds don't know anything but think they know everything. Why should country boys and minority groups be the ones defending freedom? Would the average guy rather go to college and chase girls or go to Iraq and chase terrorists in the heat and dirt.? The first ones to be drafted are all the children of Congressmen and Senators. That would be boys and girls. The Bush girls would look cute in combat boots and sand in their socks.

Sledge - you are right about this being old news. The only reason it might work now is because of all the news coverage of what's happening in IRAQ. Otherwise I would agree with you completely.

But after 14 years of psych treatment and 3 trips to the psych ward I guess I'm just as crazy.

John999 - I absolutely agree that there should be a draft of both men and women.

• Founder

i agree about the draft both men and women we all have a dog in this fight. i actually believe we should have 2 years mandatory national service, forest ranger, cop, firemen, homeless shelter, military just so long it's about making this contry greater and giving everyone a sense of ownership. but of course like sledge i'm supposed to be crazy B)

Sledge - you are right about this being old news. The only reason it might work now is because of all the news coverage of what's happening in IRAQ. Otherwise I would agree with you completely.

But after 14 years of psych treatment and 3 trips to the psych ward I guess I'm just as crazy.

John999 - I absolutely agree that there should be a draft of both men and women.

Guest fla_viking

Dear Fellow Veterans & Friends

Regarding the draft of both men and women. I sing to you an old hadit.com favorite song made up by myself 2 years ago.

Sung to the tune of the Green Berit

Put Silver wings on your son chest.

We will make him one of Amerika best

but leave my kids out of this freay

because we all know the VA dont pay.

100 vets applied for comp today

After decades of dely

4% got partial pay

Now the VA prays the rest will pass away.

This is why we all know

Donald rumsfeild kids will never go.

This is why I keep my kids at home

Terry Higgins

• HadIt.com Elder

Terry

That's pretty good. The whole thing is a rotten deal for those who get hurt in service. Especially, the young ones who are crippled for life. Bush starts the war and some guy from Slippery Rock, Alabama pays the ultimate price.