VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Buddy Statement From An Active Duty Commissioned Officer?

Rate this question

Mark C

Question

Greetings everybody, I was in the process of getting verification for a stressor incident.

2 years of trying and Navpers does not respond to my request, but I was able to find and get hold of a former member of my unit that was an eyewitness to the incident.

This fellow had stayed in the service and is now a very high ranking officer, still on active duty.

He has written a very good statement verifying the incident, does this settle the issue?

I guess what I'm asking is a sworn statement from an active duty comissioned officer count as verification from a federal source?

Thx in advance...

M

• Answers 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Thank you Carlie, I'll get busy on that today.

Can I ask for benefits to continue until the BVA can get to my claim? They've been paying me 70% for 3 years.

I've got damaged and herniated discs in my lumbar back so I can't really do a lot. Also, for the past 10 years my family and I have been living on my Social Security, so not much money either.

Thats why we moved here to my Wifes province in the Philippines. It's much cheaper. We were doing good on the SS disability, until the dollar took a dive. Now we're just making it.

Can I ask for benefits to continue until the BVA can get to my claim? They've been paying me 70% for 3 years.

MarkC,

I would say NO - as it appears to me your proposal for reduction came from

the RO level, BVA level is a different jurisdiction for adjudication.