VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Tdiu Chances

Rate this question

conserve

Question

I applied for tdiu and the c&p Dr stated that i could do sedentary work if my pain was brought under control. I am currently rated 20%. 10% for knee and 10% for back. I have also asked for secondary depression due to my being unemployed and depressed. I got

axis I adjustment disorder with depressed mood

axis ii deferred

axis iii chronic Pain

axis iv 3 (unemployed, Financial Problems)

axis v 55 current functioning.

I have been through pain Management and am on morphine and percocets daily.

• Answers 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

You could claim that you cannot concentrate due to depression and due to the morphine and percosets. You have a long way to go I think, but if you get the depression and/or pain disorder jacked up to 50% then you could in the door. You have to get SC'ed for those conditions. Is the adjustment disorder in lieu of PTSD.

You could claim that you cannot concentrate due to depression and due to the morphine and percosets. You have a long way to go I think, but if you get the depression and/or pain disorder jacked up to 50% then you could in the door. You have to get SC'ed for those conditions. Is the adjustment disorder in lieu of PTSD.

yes in lieu of PTSD and my county vso said they would try to lowball me at 30% on the adjustment disorder and we need to fight it to 50%. I have claime lack of concentration my voc rehab i was getting straight a's and went to failing on all my classes and they know this.

Okay update on my claim. I received the notes from my psych dr. All sessions it states that i have major deppresion disorder secondary to chronic pain. Now i wait to hear what the decide on my claim. I would think though that with this evidence that i should get my secondary deppresion claim. Then from there we see about the IU.

Okay update on my claim. I received the notes from my psych dr. All sessions it states that i have major deppresion disorder secondary to chronic pain. Now i wait to hear what the decide on my claim. I would think though that with this evidence that i should get my secondary deppresion claim. Then from there we see about the IU.

one other thing my pain dr had a full mri done of my back waiting on results from that. I am guessing when they find problems there they will become secondary o my lower back problems and my gait from my knee. would this be a correct assumption?