VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Possible Nod ?

Rate this question

mdrn

Question

First post here smile.gif I had submitted a claim for left knee increasing pain , effusion, intermittent locking that developed this May secondary to my right knee service connected from acute septic arthritis on active duty in 2007. Had my exam Saturday and got the results and the examiner stated since i had a lateral quadraceps release when i was 16 that there was no connection because my problems started b4 entry at age 18, retired after 34 yrs.. Unfortunately didnt have a nexus letter from my ortho doc. Had a Right TKR on aug 23. Can i file a NOD and include a nexus ? Doc did say my iliotibial band syndrome in may was related to my right knee and assumed the other issues would go along with it. Thanks for any info, Take care Mark

• Answers 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

1 answer to this question

There is no doubt that one knee disability can affect the other knee but you need a medical opinion that clearly explains this to VA with a full medical rationale that depends on references to your medical records.

A good IMO doctor will add excerpts from well known medical texts to bolster their opinion.

If we do that the VA will ignore any medical texts we refer to.