VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

3 Months Since C&p No Answer

Rate this question

verk

Question

Well it's been 3 months since my C&P for a number of issues, most notably panic disorder and IT band syndrome. In todays tech world it is frustrating that something takes soooooooo long. Anyhow while all this waiting, I was called last week by QTC "You need to get a heart stress test" come in tomorrow. Ok well don't really understand that, but I went. All good I guess I wasn't rushed off to the ER during the test. :) This waiting is craziness! Wait 3 months, oh wait we need another test, now wait again. I filed my claim back in November last year and I guess it takes a year to decide i need a stress test. Well Yeah, I'm stressed from this f-ing waiting.

• Answers 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

No QTC did not say why I needed a stress test, nor did the people giving the test know anything. I was hoping I would have those infrequent heart palpitations while doing the test, but as things go I did not. I'm going to call the 800 number today to see what they say. Ebenefits is pretty annoying because nothing ever changes on that web site it seems.

So just know I am waiting like everyone else.

• HadIt.com Elder

"I was hoping I would have those infrequent heart palpitations while doing the test........."

Bouys and Gulls, methinks we may have stumbled upon the ANSWER to "WHY DID I HAVE A STRESS STRESS TEST"...............................:rolleyes: !

I do not know if I ever posted here before but today I found out what was "holding up" my claim at 1/2 of it was the results from the C&P exam. My VSO responded to a request from me asking what they need after my C&P exams about 2 months ago. They said they had the results from one but the other was not there and he asked IF i even had an exam. I responded by saying I brought the results that I obtained at the VAMC of BOTH C&P exams a month ago to the VARO and had date stamps on them when I gave them to the VARO customer assistance rep. The VARO said they'd look into it. My wife said "Unbelievable!" when I told her why I had no progress. My VARO is Indianapolis. I hope you find the results and motivate the VARO to get them. My VSO also said they get them off of the computer and do not have to get paper copies from the hospital. This was the opposite of what that last cutomer service rep told me ; he told me that the VARO has to check-in the record from the Rater, send it to the VAMC, have documents entered and then be sent back adding 1-2 weeks every time.

Good Luck

• HadIt.com Elder

If the claim involves heart related problems, the VA RO often calls for a stress test to cover his or her tail. Even when the medical evidence is already sufficient, and the VA's guidelines say not to.

Did QTC say why you needed a stress test? Maybe they found something in your other C&P that caused them to want the stress test but they should have told you why?

Do you have a copy of the first stress test? If not might want to get one.

Good Luck on your claim!

• HadIt.com Elder

Verk,

it's been 6 months waiting for an answer since my last C&P examination.

It could take a year or a 1 1/2 yrs from my experience of waiting for decision from a VARO.

The AMC is just as slow.

Raters who barely have any training/know nothing about the codes or refuse to rate by them, refusal to give weight to favorable C&P's/medical opinions, and Dr shopping for unfavorable IMO's in order to deny, add needless delays to many claims.

Letting the waiting game get to you may make you very sick. Try not to think about it by looking over all your evidence they may use to shoot down your claim.

Make sure you use the waiting time to get copies of all your C&P examinations and look for errors. It can take 3 months just to get copies.

Allan

Edited by allan