VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

New Form For Dr's To Fill Out For Ihd Claims

Rate this question

stillhere

Question

• Answers 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

Echos are actually an ultrasonic procedure that requires a separate reading by a Doctor. These tests are really an educated guess compared to an actual angiogram or Cardiac Catherization.

The strip of echo films are permanent record and if you have access to them, you can have another Doc read them and the results may be different.

Stuff gets missed constantly.

For example, a CT scan will not show a recent event like a stroke on the day it happens but a few days down the road it shows it.

They told my buddy he has a congenital disease that caused his aortic stenosis. I told him to conceed it but to also let them know that when they repaired the Aorta, they also bypassed 2 other arteries so he is eligible for service connection for IHD.

If anyone has or thinks they have IHD, you need to get the OR reports as it is a play by play of what is going on through an actual looksee at your insides. No test can do this and the VA can never dispute this record.

J

The form is for IHD vets, who have private cardiac care, to have their private doctors fill out.

I would think if the vet formally claims secondary disabilties directly due to the AO IHD that should be stated on the form as such by the doctor and then the doctor might need to give a medical rationale at some point so maybe they should do that on the form too as to the association of the veteran's IHD to any secondary conditions.

Question for anyone:

IHD can cause embolisms (clots) that form in the heart and travel to the brain causing cerebral vascular stroke.However there are many other reasons for stroke so a CVA claimed as secondary to IHD will need strong medical evidence of the type of CVA it is and the etiology-

Berta

My husband's recent Echo thru QTC made no mention of embolisms(clots)

Lorraine

On my husband's ECHO the doctor states "there were no clots seen on this study" , and the ECHO was done 3 weeks after he had a catastrophic embolic stroke.

Does the VA make this sort of statement on every ECHO as to whether any clots were seen?

Again...does this form apply to vets who have filed for IHD only, and have completed their c/p back in Feburary?

This form is for private cardio doctors to fill out. It helps them provide the information that the VA is looking for to support a claim for IHD.

Of course the doctors notes and DX will still be a part of your official medical records but this was created by the VA to help the doctors and vets relay the requirements that the VA in particular is looking for.

Nothing more nothing less.

If you have private care I would make this part of your package. If you have already filed and your claim is deemed ready to rate then depending on your decision I would use this for a reconsideration if denied and a higher rating if you are low balled by the VA.

"If you have private care I would make this part of your package. If you have already filed and your claim is deemed ready to rate then depending on your decision I would use this for a reconsideration if denied and a higher rating if you are low balled by the VA."

That is an Excellent point stillhere and this form also could be used if a vet with VA health care needs to use an IMO doctor to support his/her claim for AO IHD if VA low balls or denies.

With VA Watchdog closing it's hyperspace doors in February and without the continued extraordinary work of Larry Scott (Tbird posted this info here today)

I don't know how we advocates and vets/widows will get a pulse on the AO IHD claims processing situation.Let alone anything else that goes on in inner VA circles.

It is quite possible Jim Strickland will post any info he has as to how these claims get going after the CRA 60 day waiting period.

Larry Scott has consistently given us the nitty gritty of the VA-always giving us information that he thoroughly checks out first.

Jim's excellent work will continue. Tbird posted the links to Jim Strickland's claims sites.

This is sad news for the vast veteran's community on the internet because we have lost an Icon and advocate of the hghest merit!!!!!

Thank you Berta I do like to help our vets stay on top of these issues as much as possible.

I also just posted a link to another new website that is coming to help with these 3 conditions.

Unfortunately or fortunately depending on how your perspective is. The web and many veterans are becoming more and more comfortable dealing with issues and our government.

Sites like VA Watch dog and yes even Hadit may take a look at what they bring to the table and if there is still a need.

it seems this happens more and more in our society replacing our I think needed helping each other and replaced by a generic help all site!