VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

1010 General Medical Examination

Rate this question

Papa

Question

I received a fedex today from QTC stating that I have a 1010 General Medical Examination scheduled on Oct 26th for the following:

Condition Cavovarus feet

Condition Sleep Apnea

Condition Post Operative Cholecystectomy

Diagnois Scars, Chin

Condition Poor Blood Circulation of the Lower Extremities

Condition Erectile Dysfunction

Condition Heart Condition

Condition Hypertension

Diagnosis Diabetes Mellitus

I have never heard of a 1010, I thought that I would get a total examination. QTC said not to bring any medical paper work with you, but I think I will, but leave it in the car. I found out that the VA can not locate Elephant crap if they were standing under the Elephants rear. Will the examiner use the worksheet for General Medical Examinations, or is there a special one for 1010? Would it be wise to review all the worksheets fofr the above? Should I take my wife with me? While I can not have a Lawyer with me, would it be wise to have the Lawyer's phone number handy?

Papa

• Answers 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

2 answers to this question

I have had this general exam a couple of times and they check everything. But I have never heard it called a 1010?

If you are seeing the VA now the RO should have all your info now anyhow.

• HadIt.com Elder

It would generally be to your advantage to have your wife present.

If nothing else, she can give substantiating evidence that a "lay person" would be qualified to give.

And also would be a witness of what was and what was not done.

Women VA examiners are often more comfortable when the wife is present.

As to the 1010 related questions, I have no idea, since 1010 was never mentioned in any of my exams.

If you think that a treadmill test is involved, you should first talk to the treating doctor for your heart condition.

It may be that such a test imposes a degree of risk that is not warranted in your specific case.

If so, your treating doctor can generate a statement to the effect.

Ignoring it places the examining/testing provider at a significant legal and liability disadvantage should such a test have untoward results.

Further, other related tests, such as a "chemical stress test" can be safer, and provide more definitive results.

I've not had to deal with "QTC", so I cannot say what they will or will not do. I would comment that the VA uses a computer program to conduct & document their C&Ps.

You should expect that Hypertension will likely be classed as "essential" by the examiner, even when it is a result of or aggravated by DMII and heart disease.

(The VA loves to do this, trying to reduce award amounts.)

I received a fedex today from QTC stating that I have a 1010 General Medical Examination scheduled on Oct 26th for the following:

Condition Cavovarus feet

Condition Sleep Apnea

Condition Post Operative Cholecystectomy

Diagnois Scars, Chin

Condition Poor Blood Circulation of the Lower Extremities

Condition Erectile Dysfunction

Condition Heart Condition

Condition Hypertension

Diagnosis Diabetes Mellitus

I have never heard of a 1010, I thought that I would get a total examination. QTC said not to bring any medical paper work with you, but I think I will, but leave it in the car. I found out that the VA can not locate Elephant crap if they were standing under the Elephants rear. Will the examiner use the worksheet for General Medical Examinations, or is there a special one for 1010? Would it be wise to review all the worksheets fofr the above? Should I take my wife with me? While I can not have a Lawyer with me, would it be wise to have the Lawyer's phone number handy?

Papa