VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

1010 General Medical Examination

Rate this question

Papa

Question

I received a fedex today from QTC stating that I have a 1010 General Medical Examination scheduled on Oct 26th for the following:

Condition Cavovarus feet

Condition Sleep Apnea

Condition Post Operative Cholecystectomy

Diagnois Scars, Chin

Condition Poor Blood Circulation of the Lower Extremities

Condition Erectile Dysfunction

Condition Heart Condition

Condition Hypertension

Diagnosis Diabetes Mellitus

I have never heard of a 1010, I thought that I would get a total examination. QTC said not to bring any medical paper work with you, but I think I will, but leave it in the car. I found out that the VA can not locate Elephant crap if they were standing under the Elephants rear. Will the examiner use the worksheet for General Medical Examinations, or is there a special one for 1010? Would it be wise to review all the worksheets fofr the above? Should I take my wife with me? While I can not have a Lawyer with me, would it be wise to have the Lawyer's phone number handy?

Papa

• Answers 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

3 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

Papa,

I'm just a lay person, but here is how I would do this if it were my hubby who received this notice.

1. I would assume the 1010 relates to the 1010EZ form which is filled out to request health benefits.

2. I would assume it is an examination that is a General overall medical exam.

3. Knowing the areas planned, I would definitely research the C&P exam worksheets to see what kind of stuff might be covered.

4. I would create a written "cheat" sheet that would mention possible answers, questions, comments that might either help the examiner or you in answering the examiner. This gives you some time to think about your disabilities and possibly bring to the examiner's attention, pertinent aspects.

5. I would plan to be going with my hubby. I went to ALL of his exams and think I was actually in all of his C&P type exams. I would suggest you take your wife.

7. We took all his medical records. The examiner says not to bring them, but MAYBE you could give them to your wife and she could then have them handy. That's how it worked for my hubby and me.

8. Be prepared to be natural...don't hide pain, be stoic, or be shy about answering truthfully about whatever disability is covered.

9. Be prepared to mention how it affects you at home, affects your family, impacts your life. You might be asked.

10. I would not worry about the lawyer. This is a medical exam. The examiner is not the one doing the rating. It is just a gathering information exam.

I wish you well in your journey.

fanaticbooks

Edited by fanaticbooks

• HadIt.com Elder

Is one doctor going to do all these exams? Each condition has a separate exam schedule as far as I know. An exam for the heart is specific. Who is doing the feet?

The same QTC Doctor is doing everything, and that tends to bother me. They also want me to fill out a bunch of paperwork dealing with my medical conditions. BTW, I have a Nuclear Stress Test scheduled 2 days after the QTC examination with one of the best Heart Docs in San Antonio.

Papa