VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Dro Coming Up

Rate this question

retiredat44

Question

With my DRO coming up, I have some questions.

First of all the DRO wil give a chance to show that in the process, up until now, most of my evidence was ignored. And, further that my NOD did not spell out all the duties of my job, and all my inuries, and that the process failed to see that whoever looked at my file and denied me, failed to see all the evidence, whether ignored or bungled.

In the DRO request I pointed out that they only looked at the Jet Fuel (JP-4), not the Leaded Gasoline, Diesel fuel, and Trichloroethylene al were totally ignored. So, they are all now listed in my DRO review and hearing request.

I have to ask them why I am already rated at 50% for illness from Jet Fuel, yet they say there is no evidence of illness from jet fuel?? wtf, what kind of contradiction ids that? Jet Fuel contains the same Benzine which is in gasoline.

I though that the people who do the reviews and ratings were suppose to know the job descriptions of the veteran's claims? Apparently the people who do the claims process have no clue, or they do not even bother into looking into the claimant's jobs and job descriptions.

if they had read the job desciptions they would have clearly saw all the chemicals I worked with.

So, now I have to spell out every part of my jobs I held.

My IMO clearly stated al the chemicals I worked with in the 2 jobs I held in the USAF. I also spelled out that after I held one job, got sick and was moved to another job which was cleary against the doctor's orders, not to work with petroleum chemicals.

I have to explain that the claims process ignored al the chemaicla.s

I suppose I have to try to not get angry with the DRO people and tell them the the claims process people bungled their jobs.. They totally ignored evidence! But, I suppose I cannot/should not chasitise them for being stupid.

While I have solid proof and evidence, I have more questions.

Do I need to get more evidence?

such as:

Do I need to get studies and VA hearing decisions and print them out shwoing the chemicals are carcinigens and cancer causing chemicals?

Studies off the Internet and websites showing prior studies and cases regarding toxic chemicals?

Clearly, they have access to the same information I have and can get/ or do I have to lead them like they are stupid and show them everything i can find about illnesses caused by Gasoline and toxic chemicals? How about diseases like cancer and liver and pancreas diseases caused by petroleum chemials?

Do I need to start printing out all these studies? Do I stack them on the table at the DRO hearing?

It appears that having too much evidence is better than too little! But, I just don't understand why they ignore evidence?

What am I missing?

Edited by retiredat44

• Answers 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Posted Images

Well, had my DRO hearing Dec. 8, 2011. I had an Soc and SSOC come January 28, 2011. The SOC was for the Myotonic Dystrophy, my left knee, and depression. I had more evidence in the pipeline, so those stays denied until I get enough evidence (I am now a permanet Neurology patient, so maybe they will give more evidence). I never got any SOC for my Intestinal and Pancreas disease, and neuropathy for my arms and legs. Along with a couple other problems.

So, if I never got an SOC for some claims, does that mean that maybe in the approval process for those claims? From what I understand you only get an SOC when you get denied. Again, my open claims (those that are still denied) are on track to a BVA hearing (my tape from the DRO hearing is supposedly going to the BVA , so I don't have to go again..).

Thanx..

I still never received an SOC for 3 out of 6 issues in my appeal and DRO hearing I had Dec. 8, 2010. I got an SOC for 3 issues, but the other 3 no SOC.

4 months has gone by.

The missing SOC is for the Pancreas disease (intestinal disease), Neuroptathy... I forgot the other...

so they denied the Dystrophy (still denied) but.. theothers look like they maybe being aapproved as I filed for the pancrease disease 1 year before the others and since there is no SOC, maybe they are gettin ready to award my claim for those issues...

Dec. 8, 2010 - was DRO hearing... Jan. 26, was SOC and SSOC.

4 solid months have gone by with no SOC on those... which leads me ot believe they have not been denied, and they are either collecting dust, or going through the approval process..

As far as I can tell it can tak anywhere from a month to 2 years fo a decision from a DRO hearing..

all my denied claims are on track for a BVA hearing.. (again, I was told the DRO hearing was taped and that tape and transcipt will be going to the BVA for al issues that are still denied..

I wil still have evidence coming in for al my neurolgical, as I am a patient in neurology, also, for eyes, Intestinal disease, liver, spine, chronic pain, mental health, and I think I am forgetting al of my doctors.. but that's close enough...

I still never received an SOC for 3 out of 6 issues in my appeal and DRO hearing I had Dec. 8, 2010. I got an SOC for 3 issues, but the other 3 no SOC.

4 months has gone by.

The missing SOC is for the Pancreas disease (intestinal disease), Neuroptathy... I forgot the other...

so they denied the Dystrophy (still denied) but.. theothers look like they maybe being aapproved as I filed for the pancrease disease 1 year before the others and since there is no SOC, maybe they are gettin ready to award my claim for those issues...

Dec. 8, 2010 - was DRO hearing... Jan. 26, was SOC and SSOC.

4 solid months have gone by with no SOC on those... which leads me ot believe they have not been denied, and they are either collecting dust, or going through the approval process..

As far as I can tell it can tak anywhere from a month to 2 years fo a decision from a DRO hearing..

all my denied claims are on track for a BVA hearing.. (again, I was told the DRO hearing was taped and that tape and transcipt will be going to the BVA for al issues that are still denied..

I wil still have evidence coming in for al my neurolgical, as I am a patient in neurology, also, for eyes, Intestinal disease, liver, spine, chronic pain, mental health, and I think I am forgetting al of my doctors.. but that's close enough...

You still have medical evidence coming in-are you sending in this medical information through your service officer so they have updates-thanks

• HadIt.com Elder

The fact you did not get a SOC does not mean you won your claim. You have been sick a long time. Keep going to the VA for care. I think you will win something in the end. As you know it takes time. You are doing OK. I have had a number of DRO Hearings. It usually took me 3-6 months for a decision after the hearing. As you know guessing time frame is hopeless. If you refuse to give up and continue to ask your questions here you will win. Don't lose your cool or give up. All the moderators and elders here have been through the mill and beaten about the head and body by the VA. They feel your pain. Chemical exposure cases are really hard. 45 years after exposure AO vets are still winning claims. That is a long time to wait.

You still have medical evidence coming in-are you sending in this medical information through your service officer so they have updates-thanks

I told them at the DRO hearing that I had Ongoing neurolgical tests and appointments for more diagnosis..

MY VSO told me, that the DRO, VA and all the VA claims people will / can send for the records as they process the claim and review it,, the VSO said since it is the VA I do not have to go to records and get copies of any more records..

The problem with the nuerolgist / clinic is that they take a very long time to get a firm diagnosis and the appointments are only a couple times a year...

I cannot do much more than go the the appointments, take my meds, and report issues.. besides, the VA has 30 years of neurology records and special tests to work with already...

any future tests are to make a final decision on whether my symptoms are from one or more of the major diseases....

(ms, als, dystrophy, etc..etc.).

MY VSO told me, that the DRO, VA and all the VA claims people will / can send for the records as they process the claim and review it,, the VSO said since it is the VA I do not have to go to records and get copies of any more records..

retired,

They will only request additional / updated VAMC records - IF THEY ARE MADE AWARE OF THEM,

and this should be done in writing OR BETTER YET - get the copies to your VSO to submit and get

a date stamped copy for your records.