VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Ptsd And Stressor

Rate this question

tinkerertn

Question

Hello I was going over all my medical records the other day, (while I was still in Florida) and noticed my primary care ph. made a note on one visit that I have 4 indicators of ptsd. As I know very little about this was trying to find out for myself, with little luck. I was in viet nam from January 1968 to January 1969. I was just outside sigon during the tet offensive and counter offensive. I was with engineer company and honestly cannot remember one complete day there. I know I did a lot a mine sweeping and work with c-4. I am only sure about the c-4 as I wrote letter home while training to use it and parents kept it.

I guess my main question is should I file for this? I am awaiting the award letter on the ihd that in in congress now. If that is 100 percent, I most likely will not file any further. any help will be app. Later Dave

• Answers 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

3 answers to this question

If the doctors said you had 4 issues pointing toward PTSD conditions then you might consider asking for a consult to a mental health doc and have a talk with him and see if he diagnoses you with PTSD. Then you might consider treatment or filing a claim.

If I were you since it does not seem at this point to be much of a worry to you I would wait until after the IHD award and then see how you feel.

I personally did not and do not like the stigma I feel I have placed on my self but I feel I do and did need the help and treatments.

Try and see the shrink and see what they say and go from there. Who knows you might need help and don't see it??

Good luck to you!!

If you have PTSD you should file on it. The stigma will never go away if people avoid filing for it.

Of course your RIGHT John but in any case I still would advise wait until he has a DX and IHD claim is done.

little less stress always helps me!

I have to go to the government county office today and put in for my tax relief because I am now 100% my hands are already sweating and have not even left. My heart is pumping fast I need to settle myself down big time or I am not going!!