VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Simple Claim For Vietnam Injury Now A Cue?

Rate this question

NSA-Saigon-ET

Question

Edited by NSA-Saigon-ET

• Answers 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Posted Images

NSA,

Something I noticed is SC for SCAR LEFT FOOT (heel ?) was granted back to 1994.

How did you get that scar ?

Also, vehicle accident knocked out teeth - have you ever applied for SC of those teeth

that were knocked out ?

I don't know if it would pay you any compensation $$,

but I would think it would get you some SC treatment for dental services at no charge.

NSA,

Something I noticed is SC for SCAR LEFT FOOT (heel ?) was granted back to 1994.

How did you get that scar ?

Also, vehicle accident knocked out teeth - have you ever applied for SC of those teeth

that were knocked out ?

I don't know if it would pay you any compensation $$,

but I would think it would get you some SC treatment for dental services at no charge.

Hi Carlie,

I compliment you on your thoroughness!

The left foot scar is nonexistent. I have never had a problem with the left foot.

It is a mistake when I was onboard my ship getting a physical for transfer to shore duty.

The corpsman noticed the scar on my foot while I was facing him.

Since he was loooking at me the scar appeared on his left side and he just wrote it up as a left foot scar, but really meaning the opposite foot.

I didn't catch the error. My guess is he just was that bright.

The teeth were replaced in service with a bridge which is now long gone.

I want to file for dentures on the bottom after some of this stuff has cleared channels.

The doctors report is in my files and also the hospital record, so that is a good thing.

Regards,

-donald

Hi Carlie,

I compliment you on your thoroughness!

The left foot scar is nonexistent. I have never had a problem with the left foot.

It is a mistake when I was onboard my ship getting a physical for transfer to shore duty.

The corpsman noticed the scar on my foot while I was facing him.

Since he was loooking at me the scar appeared on his left side and he just wrote it up as a left foot scar, but really meaning the opposite foot.

I didn't catch the error. My guess is he just was that bright.

NSA - seems to me like the CUE is with the WRONG FOOT getting SC'd and the EED would be

warranted by 38 CFR 3.156 ©, medical reports that were not of record because the VBA

negated to get them.

The teeth were replaced in service with a bridge which is now long gone.

I want to file for dentures on the bottom after some of this stuff has cleared channels.

The doctors report is in my files and also the hospital record, so that is a good thing.

NSA - The above are two separate claims issues right there.

1) Is there a chance of SC and additional compensation money due to the loss of your teeth ?

2) Are you entitled to SC for loss of the teeth and dental care for life ?

Hi Carlie,

I rewrote the claim using 38CFR 3.156 and it should work fine without trying to prove CUE. As you know. there is only one shot at a CUE and I can keep that in the background if this tactic doesn't work.

Please take a look at the rewrite and see if this is ok in you opinion.

I attached it again here.

-donald

DRO- Right foot Shrapnel injury.doc

• HadIt.com Elder

Hi Carlie,

I rewrote the claim using 38CFR 3.156 and it should work fine without trying to prove CUE. As you know. there is only one shot at a CUE and I can keep that in the background if this tactic doesn't work.

Please take a look at the rewrite and see if this is ok in you opinion.

I attached it again here.

-donald

I believe this is a good effort on your part. I notice that at the end you state that you are now receiving SSDI. If you are receiving this benefit because of your service connected disability, you need to visit the SSA office that has your records and make a written request to them to send copies of your Social Security records to V.A. in support of your pending claim.